Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, we drive an 03' 1.8T wagon, and all doors lock at speeds above 10 mph. I know Lots of cars do this, and the problem is we have to manually unlock the doors before we step out to get the kids out of the back seat. I read in the owners manuel on page 34 of the 3.1 section on controls and equipment, that the doors should unlock when you remove the key if this system is activated. I had car at dealer for another service and asked them about this but they had a confused look, is this possible with vag-com software? anyone know anything about this? Thanks so much.:confused:

·
Registered
9,414 Posts
i hateeeeeeeeee that too but i guess its a saftey function .... i have a wagon and when i get out and forget to press the hatch release i would be standing in the rear and the freakin hatch would be locked ......:banghead:

i hope you can change those function with the VAG

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
yep vag-com (or dealer, but you might have to really help them out), and it's even better on the B5 wagon's, where the hatch is treated just like a door, [email protected]@T! where are you located? there's probably someone willing to do it for you nearby...

on our first, a B5.5 the dealer couldn't figure out the unlock so they just disabled the auto-lock, and on our second one the dealer (different one) got the auto-unlock setup the first try after i mentioned it.

a.s.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
This sounds like a cool feature and all, but what's so hard about pressing the "unlock" button in the door? on the key? I must be missing something ... :confused:

:sleep:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I do have my wife trained to unlock the doors, but the way I look at it, if the technology is their to do this for you why not? besides all these little features are built into these cars, we all paid for it so why not use it.:thumbup:

·
Registered
300 Posts
That features drives me insane... if they automatically lock, they should automatically unlock also. I borrowed a VAG-Com and changed mine as soon as I learned that it was possible.

·
Registered
100 Posts
That features drives me insane... if they automatically lock, they should automatically unlock also. I borrowed a VAG-Com and changed mine as soon as I learned that it was possible.
X2, I bought my GLX new and the first trip back to the dealer I had them deactivate The autolock feature.

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
yep vag-com (or dealer, but you might have to really help them out), and it's even better on the B5 wagon's, where the hatch is treated just like a door, [email protected]@T! where are you located? there's probably someone willing to do it for you nearby...

on our first, a B5.5 the dealer couldn't figure out the unlock so they just disabled the auto-lock, and on our second one the dealer (different one) got the auto-unlock setup the first try after i mentioned it.

a.s.
Fuck that. The dealer will charge just as much as a VAG-COM cable costs, and they won't even do it correctly. Just buy the cable.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I have been trying to get this unlock feature programmed in my car for awhile now. I just had my car at the Stealership last week for an OC and I asked the Service Writer to have the tech activate the unlock feature and he looked at me like I had 6 heads. After my car was done he came out to get me and he told me that the unlock feature was not possible to do. I questioned him on it and he told me that he even asked the Service Mgr. and was told it can't be done....WTF. Are these guys idiots or what?
Is there anyone in the South Jersey/Philly area with a VAG COM that can PLEASE help me out?
There have been several discussions here in PW about this feature in the past and I don't understand why anyone would question why you would want to have the doors automatically unlock, it's a convenience.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts