Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, some confessions:

1. I do not own any handguns.
2. I have only ever shot air powered shot guns and handguns.
3. I question the validity of how anyone in populated, policed society should feel safer with guns on their person or in their home.

Having said all that, WTF was going on in Arizona ?

1. Darwin's Theory has been demonstrated, sorry to the family of instructor, but this was going to happen sooner or later regardless.
2. A child might have long-term emotional issues related to this entirely preventable accident.
3. Did this child have, or was it really her parents that had a long-term desire to play with an UZI?

In today's society, both in Canada or USA, you could not go to Home Depot and purchase and then install a 6ft step ladder in a playground, without a safety committee and a petition.
However, you can own a gun and your kids could get access and cause mayhem. So many examples of this it is not funny. At All.:thumbdown

Why?

·
I'm just itching to be Banned
13,871 Posts
The one person most responsible for the accident was the one who died. Pure Darwin there.
True, but I have to agree with the OP that the kid is going to have some negative residual effects as a result of experiencing this kind of event at such a young age.

Honestly I don't even know what to say about a situation such as this. I don't want the gov't to enact even more legislation/rules that usually do more harm than good, and yet at the same time the fact that a nine year old has complete control over something as dangerous as a uzi is slightly terrifying to me. Even more so when said child is not learning proper gun safety.

·
Loose female member
4,889 Posts
Same crap happened here a few years ago in Florida.
8 year old iirc fired the weapon and recoiled upwards shooting himself in the head.

Very sad and preventable death.
No citizen needs to own or fire a machine 'pistol' similar to these weapons.
Yes it looks cool, no you don't need to do it.

It depresses me to read about these sort of events.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I'm a big second amendment supporter, but I see no logic or reasoning behind this or the events that lead up to it. No one that age should be near a gun like that, much less have use of it. I also don't want to see this as a lightning rod for yet more gun control. Enforcing the laws already passed is one thing, but we really don't need more laws. No one won in this situation and it is sad indeed.

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
Sort of like the butcher's kid running with a knife and falling on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts