Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for everyone's help-- we are the proud owners of a B5.5. My wife absoulutely loves her car and always says how nothing on the road compares to it. Unfortunatly It didn't come with the adapter to fit the wheel locks so we can't remove the tire if we need to. It is a GLS with the stock wheels and bolts. Can anyone tell me where to get a new adapter.

Thanks

kickturn :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wheel lock key

I checked the entire car it has everyting except the adapter. I figured you could buy them from the dealer but I am afraid they will have to order them and it may take a few weeks. So I wondering if there was some place on line that may have them in stock. We need to get new tires to pass inspection but can't until we have the adapater.

thanks

·
Registered
254 Posts
Look in the tool kit in the trunk(next to the Jack). There is a little pouch at the end of the pouch open the flap on that pouch and the key should be in there

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
If it's a new car... it should've come with one.
You said it's a new Passat in your title... but you also say it needs new tires?

At any rate, the dealer has a set of adapters to fit ALL Volswagen wheels. They can unlock it for you, right there.

Jimmy :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
If it's new, do what tomo366 suggests. If it's new to you, go to the dealer and buy a key - there are about 20 different ones to choose from. Once you find the proper key follow this suggestion. Use the key to remove all four locking bolts, then throw them away and replace them with standard wheel bolts. Most likely the only person who will be prevented from removing a wheel because of the "locking" bolts will be YOU. This will happen on a rainy/snowy night in the middle of nowhere when you get a flat. The key and trunk tools will be inadequate to remove the locking bolt that was put on with a torque wrench at the factory or dealership or tire store. Also these keys are very poorly made and will break (the shaped section is applied to the threaded section with very poor adhesive). I speak from experience, YMMV.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
re wheel locks.

Unfortunatly the car is new to me but not new to world. It has 100K miles . I have an appointment to get the timing belt kit installed in about a week so we are limiting the amount of driving we do. Sounds like the best thing to do is just throw the locking bolts away.

thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.