Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Moderators,
If this is the wrong place for this can it be moved to the proper location?

For those that are interested, I have started the process of prototyping various machined parts.
First one the list is a part for safety. It is a self contained instantaneous clamp release for a fire extinguisher.

All machined parts are from solid aluminum billet. Production parts will be available with anodize (Red, Blue, Black, Gold - others upon request)
Pricing has not been set yet. I'm guessing it'll be in the $150 ~ $180 range.

I will actually start cutting chips this week for a run off of some assemblies to be tested to make sure my design is free of any defects.

Anybody interest please post here or PM me.

Here is a preview of what I'm prototyping.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Second part on the list will be a mounting bracket to do a VW Touareg rear brake upgrade.
The Touareg uses a 4 piston Brembo caliper that does not have an emergency brake function. A separate set of shoes on the inside hub of the rotor are used.
I am making a bracket that will retain the original Passat caliper E-brake function and also the addition of the Touareg 4 piston caliper.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Troubles right out of the gate.
Prototypes are delayed a few weeks. The machine I'm allowed to use is down hard. Requires major repair and $$.
Hopefully I can get these done soon so I can post up with results.
Stay tuned...

·
Registered
26,644 Posts
You broke it?

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You broke it?
No, fortunately!

We got a really sweet Mori Seiki CNC vertical mill that was running production and the tool changer tore itself apart. Broken cam followers.

I was given top level clearance to use it after the production job was done, as there was a lag in time before the machine would be needed again.
I had like a two week window of time to "play". Now with the machine being down it's burning away my window of time and it's looks to be at least another 2-3 weeks out before repairs are complete. :thumbdown

1 - 5 of 5 Posts