1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
The previous record was held by a guy in Texas @ 950rwhp.

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
Dyno queens.. :sleep:

"What's the difference between a 400hp Supra and a 800hp Supra..."

On another note, who the hell graphs dynos versus time
People who don't want to show how good or bad their engine's power characteristics are?

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I doubt that 3 speed slushbox w/ the 4k stall converter would be streetable (or track-able for that matter), but its still pretty amazing IMHO.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Well speaking of dynos, I'd be really interested to find out the highest rated N/A b-series setup. Lol, now that's really challenging! I wonder if 300whp has ever been acheived?

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There was a drag CRX that did 260 whp on race gas iirc. K series is the new way, man. :) Motormounts are about to come out...

Stock K20A2 (RSX Type S) versus K20A w/ Toda Spec A's, Toda valvesprings, Toda ECU reflash, AEM CAI, Comptech header, Test pipe, catback

Tuned K20A above versus stock B18C5 (on a Mustang dyno...notoriously lower, but more consistent readings)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Macabre said:
Mac, this guys says he's taking it to the track. 9's or bust. I asked him what gears he was running, what size slicks, how he planned on leaving, and I have yet to hear a response. I guess he thinks he can just line it up, mash the go pedal, and boom! 9.70's...It ain't that easy.

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
okibono said:
Macabre said:
Mac, this guys says he's taking it to the track. 9's or bust. I asked him what gears he was running, what size slicks, how he planned on leaving, and I have yet to hear a response. I guess he thinks he can just line it up, mash the go pedal, and boom! 9.70's...It ain't that easy.
Yep, that's the whole point. There are tons of high horsepower Supras out there. Very few that have the real world performance you would expect from their dyno printouts.

I'm sure you know the answer to my joke question above is: "Nothing, they both run 12s"

·
Registered
74 Posts
passaturbonium said:
That car would be so nice if it looked stock! Too bad people have bad tastes....
I'm a fan of, and in practice ... of having stock looking cars that are nothing but... Even when you lift the hood...
N/A for life...
Rest in peace to my stock looking 99 maxima that I killed last night...
I miss you baby... Selling parts though...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts