Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hardly ever post here because i really don't have a lot to post about but since i almost have the wagon aesthetically finished i figured what the hell
well here it is. this is my daily driver and also since my wife and i have a baby on the way, the baby hauler. i couldn't leave well enough alone and decided to at least make it look acceptable.
here's the specs:
00 1.8T 5sp Black Magic Pearl GLS Non-Luxury with Leather (kind of weird having leather and no moonroof but i used to sell these so I know it was available).
Neuspeed Springs, stock shox. rides slightly firmer than stock but transitions weight way better. didn't want to firm of a ride due to the baby and all. cost- $87 shipped.
Cheap Ebay 18" wheels. look nice though. $550 shipped, brand new.
225/40/18 Toyo Proxes 4's on the front. brand new 300bux
235/40/18 Pirelli 7000SS used, 30bux
I also have an Asian market chrome grill on the way as well as handle covers and mirror covers for a total of 110bux.
not a bad way to spend $1100 and way better looking than with the stock ride height and hub caps.
let me know what you think

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
looks good, nice use of a budget.

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
FYI my baby hauler with the koni shocks isn't harsh at all. very well supported, i wouldn't call it harsh though. just a thought. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
99blackmagic said:
FYI my baby hauler with the koni shocks isn't harsh at all. very well supported, i wouldn't call it harsh though. just a thought. :)
thanks, i will take that into consideration. i originally wanted adj. koni's but at the time they didn't fit the budget and i was concerned about the ride but maybe that's next step. i don't need to handle to great though, i have my corrado for that ;)
thanks for the compliments

·
Registered
42 Posts
nice. my b5 is a full out project though... stripped interior, k04, and 2.5 exhaust no cat lol. just needs a fmic and a new front valence :(

·
Registered
332 Posts
AWESOME! The wagon looks great.

I've done a similar budget buildup as well.
18x8 TSW Kyalami's w/ Yok AVS100 - used $800
H&R Coilovers - Used $700
2 10" Subs and amp - used $225
Pioneer DEH7300 headunit - used in previous vehicle - $0
Miscellaneous other parts - $peanuts

Result

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
spd33 said:
looks nice, is that fresco green or stonhenge grey. it's hard to tell in some digi-pics
about the black and white, originally it was color but my HP printer software has a conversion to black and white. i figured what the hell though
thanks for the compliments guys

·
Registered
332 Posts
slomofo said:
looks nice, is that fresco green or stonhenge grey. it's hard to tell in some digi-pics
about the black and white, originally it was color but my HP printer software has a conversion to black and white. i figured what the hell though
thanks for the compliments guys
Thanks. It is Fresco, one of 52 Fresco Variant 5 spds in 2001!

Wheels and suspension go a LONG way for a car's looks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts