Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a b5 Passat estate and have just changed the fuel pump relay as a fault code reading I had said "fuel pump relay, short circuit to ground".
The mechanic who did this reading gave the wires a little tug and the relay a little push and the car worked for a couple of days until the problem returned (the problem being a complete loss of power and inability to start). today I have swapped out the relay and tried to start the car to no avail, the problem was still present. I then too stuck my hand down the back and wiggled around the wires and the car worked for a few minutes again. anyone know what my problem is and how I can fix it. I will attach a photo of the relay with the wire feeding into it (is that a standard washer, and could there be issues there?). I will greatly appreciate any responses as I am losing days of work because of this.
Thank you,
Frazer

·
Registered
308 Posts
Is it possible to use a jumper to bypass the relay, so he can get to work? Or because the problem involves the wiring, a jumper would not solve help anything.

·
Registered
9,193 Posts
Is it possible to use a jumper to bypass the relay, so he can get to work? Or because the problem involves the wiring, a jumper would not solve help anything.
It is not practical or safe to bypass that relay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts