Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Passat B5.5 V6 and recently I've been having problems with the A/C - the temperature displayed is at first correct and then will start dropping to anywhere from -49 °F to 11 °F. It's now been constantly in that range for the past few days and never displays the correct value. I checked the Climatronic diagnostics and here's what I found.

The compressor is not activated because the car thinks it's cold enough outside to not need it.

I changed the lower bumper sensor before doing more research because it was a cheap part on eBay. Seems to be working fine according to the reading from diagnostic channel 5.

Channel:
4 Outside air temp - -E87- Calculated from -G89- and -G17- Value Learned
5 Outside air temp - -G17- lower bumper sensor
6 Outside air temp - -G89- air intake duct sensor

4 reads as -8.5 °C
5 reads as the correct ambient temperature 35 °C
6 reads as the correct ambient temperature 35 °C

I also checked for error codes and got only code 4F7 which from googling I guess is the "Temperature Flap Servo Motor"
Could this be the problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also have a VAG-COM lost in my garage somewhere that I can find if it comes to that. The code 4F7 could also be related to very poor heating in the winter. I put off checking into it then because this past winter was pretty mild.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.