Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this weekend i hit a pot hole and it blew out my right front tire, i went to go put on the spare and it has an anti theft bolt, for all of you that dont know this in the packet they give you with the tools there is a pocket that you cant really see that has this piece that fits into this bolt to undo which my dealer never told me about and in the book it dosnt tell you, then i spent all this money on a full spare and when i put it on the tire has no air in it.....i had my car's check up about a month ago i looked at my bill and under all the things they have they checked off checked all the tire pressures....just another thing on how VW service sucks

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
vwwanksta69 said:
this weekend i hit a pot hole and it blew out my right front tire, i went to go put on the spare and it has an anti theft bolt, for all of you that dont know this in the packet they give you with the tools there is a pocket that you cant really see that has this piece that fits into this bolt to undo which my dealer never told me about and in the book it dosnt tell you, then i spent all this money on a full spare and when i put it on the tire has no air in it.....i had my car's check up about a month ago i looked at my bill and under all the things they have they checked off checked all the tire pressures....just another thing on how VW service sucks
Said they checked it, didn't say they corrected it. Those VW Dealers are a sneaky bunch. :suspicio:

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
Completely flat? Geez, that must have been a bummer.

About two times a year, I yank out all of the spare tires from our home fleet. Without fail, I find them all under-inflated by as much as 10 or 15 psi - I usually pump 'em up about 5 psi over recommended to cover myself (these are the kind of things my wife has no idea that I do). Thanks for the reminder to do this again after the weather breaks a bit more.

Ummm, I think the wheellock is mentioned in the manual...eh, maybe not? :???:

PS: I won't rely on anyone checking the pressure on the road wheels, either. I've had some places (NTB, are you listening?) really put in waaaayyyy too much air. And no two tires have the same psi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
Altair 4
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing