Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Just a follow-up.
I pulled fuse 38 for a couple of minutes, still had the same problem.
In my 03 Passat GLX, fuse 38 is on the end of the dash (driver side) and the fuse is 15 amp. The blocks are numbered, but you need good light and a microscope to see the numbers.
did you look at the fuse to see if it was blown?

Re:

I got a jump this morning and then went to get the battery replaced and when I got home I noticed the same problem. 1st click unlocks the driver's side, 2nd click doesn't unlock the rest. It looks like they want to unlock, but don't. Going to check fuse 38.

Update:

Pulled fuse 38, was not blown, but didn't reset the locks.

Disconnected the negative for 20 seconds, amazingly it worked!

Nonstopworks, did you replace the battery at all? Maybe not enough juice?

I should have picked up on the signs last week, with the sluggish starts.

For the final follow up...
I was able to select the Unlock All option in the VAG, and now all locks pop up when the fob button is pressed once. Switched it back for grins, and it showed the sam old problems. So I switched it back to All Unlock on 1 click, and have left it there...:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

So I must be the newest member of the this club. I worked on my car last night and had the radio on for 3+ hours, and had front seat heaters on as well intermittently throughout the 3+ hours. Then I charged the ipod as well for about 1 hour after that to test my new aux port. I should have known the battery was low though when during the reinstall the radio kept on dying when the brake was pressed.

So I got a jump and now my remote exhibits the same problems. One press and the driver's door unlocks, but the second press doesn't open the remaining doors. I will try and take off the negative terminal to the battery tonight. I hope I drove enough to recharge it.

It's still the OEM battery from my '02. I should get a new one....

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.