1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Master Key not locking Doors..

Last night i got a jumper start on 02 GLX but this morning when i tried to

unlock the doors with the romote it only unlocked the drivers door. I also

have a problem with the car not honking when i lock the doors.

I tried the following in the Owners Manual

1-Insert the master key into the ignition lock and switch on the ignition
(don’t start the engine!)
2-Lock the vehicle from the outside manually using the second master
key or valet key
3-Press button A or button C on the remote control one time and then
wait at least 2 seconds
4-Press either button once again one time
5-Turn of the ignition and remove the key from the ignition lock.

can you guys help me figure this out..

thanks,

·
Registered
248 Posts
The step you did by the Owners manual is for programing a new key for your passat. might be the battery is low, take it to a auto zone and have them check it for free!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The step you did by the Owners manual is for programing a new key for your passat. might be the battery is low, take it to a auto zone and have them check it for free!!

the battery is working fine....i have no problem starting the car

i just would like to get my car doors to unlock when i try to open

from master key remote

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had a similar thing happen laet week. I did not have to get a junp, since my Passat finally started, but since that time, I have not had the 2 clicks to unlock all. My car went as far as losing the stereo presets. When I was trying to get it started, I did notice that the locks were locking and unlocking when I tried starting the car... Still have not been able to get the locks back to where they were.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just a follow-up.
I pulled fuse 38 for a couple of minutes, still had the same problem.
In my 03 Passat GLX, fuse 38 is on the end of the dash (driver side) and the fuse is 15 amp. The blocks are numbered, but you need good light and a microscope to see the numbers.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Disconnect your battery negative for a few minutes, then reconnect it. Make sure you have your radio code first (if you have the stock radio) because it might reset and need the security code.

All of the stuff you're having issues with are controlled by the CCM. For some reason, the CCM's in our cars sometimes get confused when they have low voltage (like when you need a jump-start), and they simply need a reset, since they're always powered on.

If the battery trick doesn't work, then the CCM will need reprogrammed. Find someone with a VAG-COM, or purchase one yourself. If you go to the dealer more than twice for "diganostics" with their computer, than it will have paid for itself.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Disconnect your battery negative for a few minutes, then reconnect it. Make sure you have your radio code first (if you have the stock radio) because it might reset and need the security code.

All of the stuff you're having issues with are controlled by the CCM. For some reason, the CCM's in our cars sometimes get confused when they have low voltage (like when you need a jump-start), and they simply need a reset, since they're always powered on.

If the battery trick doesn't work, then the CCM will need reprogrammed. Find someone with a VAG-COM, or purchase one yourself. If you go to the dealer more than twice for "diganostics" with their computer, than it will have paid for itself.
i have a stock radio how can i get the radio code for my car...
besides going to the dealer

·
Registered
91 Posts
i have a stock radio how can i get the radio code for my car...
besides going to the dealer
From what i know, you have to get it from them, unless you find it on a card in the car. I do not have mine. when I stopped at the stealership yesterday, I asked that question of the tech. He said that they have to pull the radio (with a special tool) and contact the mothership (VW of America) and then the mothership sends the unlock code to them. All of that for my own freaking radio!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Depends on how you locking system was set up. Was it set up to unlock ALL doors with one press of the unlock button or just the driver's door on the first press, then the other doors on the second press.

What happens to the lock when you manually use the key in the driver's door to unlock. one time?, two times.

The horn will not beep if any of the doors are not registering closed to the CCM. Do any of your courtesy lights remain on after setting the alarm?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Depends on how you locking system was set up. Was it set up to unlock ALL doors with one press of the unlock button or just the driver's door on the first press, then the other doors on the second press.

What happens to the lock when you manually use the key in the driver's door to unlock. one time?, two times.

The horn will not beep if any of the doors are not registering closed to the CCM. Do any of your courtesy lights remain on after setting the alarm?
the horn is working fine i can lock all the doors by pressing the lock button once but when i try to unlock the doors the driver side door is the only one that unlocks...

i have to unlock the doors from the inside to get all my doors to unlock

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I believe that is the normal function. One press unlocks the drivers door and two unlocks all. It's done that way to keep insane maniacs from getting in through the passenger side when you're being chased.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I believe that is the normal function. One press unlocks the drivers door and two unlocks all. It's done that way to keep insane maniacs from getting in through the passenger side when you're being chased.
i know its normal one to unlock driver

and twice to unlock the rest of the doors

but mine doesn't unlock the rest of the doors:(

1 - 20 of 28 Posts