Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you know, I've gone a full year into my 5 year project. As of 10/3, here is the current state of this engine:

I wrote down my thoughts for this year:
http://home.comcast.net/~289fia_cobra/yearone.htm

With money being a bit tight for the next 3-4 months, there won't be much happening to this engine. As you see it, I've spent about $5400 and still have about $1,100 to go in parts ( or $800 if you don't think a clutch as part of the "engine" phase of this build.)

Next year will be the completion of the engine and the start of cleanup of the gas tank and cover, transmission (still need to shim and then paint it.), and I've decided to go head-long int rebulding the 8.8" IRS pumpkin myself. This will interesting because I have a chance to possibly change out the Ford Traction Lock for either something much better or simply rebuild. Time will tell.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Looking Good! :thumbup: Geez, the more and more I see these mustangs, and mustang parts, and having tooled around in a friend's cobra with a roush side exhaust system, I must say, I'm envious of that beautiful V8 growl now! :bow:

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's where the dipstick goes in. The engine will be in stasis for about 2 years so I need to ensure I seal up the engine from mositure. I've got several bags of moisture absorbant material in the air cleaner. After the picture, I've sealed up the chrome water neck, and the two hose nipples on the pump. The exhaust ports are also duct-taped; spark plugs seal up the other orifices. The whole engine is now bagged for the winter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.