Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so when i bought the car i bought this tire wear and treatment thing that basically if you blow a tire wear etc they will replace it for 5 years, now its usually like $600 but since i knew dealer guys got it for $200 (got car at cost too) so here is how that works, they replace the tires that CAME with the car =\, so if i want to buy new ones, they will only cover the cost of the stock ones, thats where im at, what do you guys think of average stock 15"s on a passat are ? michellin tires thats about all i know ( im tire/wheel lame =\ )

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Well, the stock Passat came with 2 types of tires that are 15 inch. Either the Michelins or the Contis both are decent. What exactly do you want the tires to do - I see you are in NV so all seasons are probably not necessary.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
I disagree!!! The Contis BLOW! :p

The MXV4+'s are really pricey. $140-ish each last time I checked at my local Costco. :nervous:

My next tire will be a Yoko Avid Touring. $52 shipped each from Tires.com.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well it actually rains here in vegas and well theres lots of oil on the roads so i need something that wont slide off the dam road, and yet durable for the 115F summer heat =], i have michellins now, i just want a ball park price

$40-$50 each ? more/less ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had the stock Michelin Energy MXV4 plus on my car. H-speed rated. Not a bad tire but as stealth said, pricey. Stock size is 195/65/15. Tire Rack has the H rated tire for $109, the V, a higher speed tire, for $131. I do not know which Conti tire came standard. Do you have the Continental tires or the Michelin? BTW I just replaced the worn out Michelin's with Bridgestone Potenza 950's in 205/60/15. These were $80. each at Tire Rack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.