Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think is a good deal on B5.5 original (Euro Specs) Bi-Xenons? (brand new - including all bulbs and balasts)
I am looking at $750 from a friend of a friend of a friend...
What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Julian - your ride rocks bro. It is just perfect.
Listen, as for the lights, do you think they will be a big difference (the amount of light they give out), since i do not have a very good eyesight, i am just wondering if this will help at all.
I know that the looks alone are worth the price but i am not really rich enough to spend that kinda dough just on lights.
Thanks a lot. :wink:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Before deciding on my GLX, I had test driven the A4 3.0L w/ the HIDs, and they really are a lot nicer and brighter. I am not sure if they light things as far away on low-beams though; they seemed to just "chop off".

If I could gather the scratch I'd get them for my car.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
I'll take em if you dont :lol:

I have just the HID conversion kit on my car and the difference is dramatic. If you don't believe me, just go out to your local VW and test drive a w8 at night. You'll be impressed.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
The difference is quite noticeable, especially if you drive on dark poorly lit roads. Like Pacent said, go test drive a W8 or any car with HIDs for that matter. Test the low and high beams and you'll see a big difference.

And if you don't want it...I'm SURE someone on here would jump on them for that price.

Thanks for the compliment! :)

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
The euro spec HID headlights are a direct swap. You'll need to pull off your front bumper to install these, but its really not that difficult.

The US spec W8 HIDs need a modified wiring harness :???: You can buy a premodified harness from ecstuning.com.

The setup typically will run you about 1000-1200 bucks.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
so here's the breakdown....

Euro Spec B5.5 and Euro Spec W8 HIDS look like the US W8 HIDs. The difference between the Euro Spec 5.5 and Euro Spec W8 is that there is a tint on the W8 lense that makes them a bit darker.

Euro spec W8 and Euro spec 5.5 HIDS are a direct fit on our 5.5.

US spec W8 HIDs will require modifying the wiring harness to fit with the 5.5

care of airwalks site

W8 on the left, 5.5 HID on the right.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I too bought mine from Airwalk and they've been really great. You won't notice much of a difference on brightly lit roads, but when it's dark they're the best. Oh and you'll have to get used to the cut off line. Looks something like this:

________/-------------/------------

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
so, he doesn't pass that on to his boys at :b5: ...? :wink:

your car looks very sick man... other than the vent shades... just one of my faux pas... :p

so, the ones you have are a direct swap and hoo right into the stock harness...? and they work with the Euroswitch the same way the stockers did...?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.