Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my Zender front came the other day in the mail. I got a chance to do a little test fit today. Obviously it isnt painted and the foglight covers are not on there either. Im also going to get a sheet of Kamei mesh for the center and side pieces next to the fogs so that it matches my upper grill. I figured i would share a picture though:

This is going to be painted and installed along with my Euro Spec (chromeless and markerless) bumper and door rub strips. Im also getting the lower sides and rear smoothed and painted. That will be stage 1 of the body work. Im hoping to have all that done by around May, i already have the front and the rubstrips (ordered, still waiting for delivery from the GB) now im just saving up my money for paint and install.

-Jordan

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
All I'm getting is a red x but it sounds like you got a bunch of good things to come. :thumbup:

My Eurospec mouldings are going in early next week, can't wait to see the chromeless looks on both of our cars. :D

·
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
evilvariant said:
whats up with the upper portion in the middle(plate area)?

you should blend it.....
That is how it comes from Zender...notched for a Europlate i believe...im still debating what to do with that area since im not sure if i want a europlate or not...

I still have a couple months before this is all getting painted so ill figure something out before then...

·
Registered
778 Posts
HA HA HA HOT!!!nice pick up on the zender ;) It keep on updating the mods for dreamers like me...

·
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ryan8186 said:
If you got one of those europlates with the red background instead of the usual blue, that would be hot.
Im debating...on one hand i like the look of europlates, but then on the other hand sometimes i feel it "clutters" up the front end...

Im going over to the body shop within the next few weeks to get a quote on everything so ill see if they have any ideas since as it is right now if i dont get a europlate ill have to figure something out with thoose two little notches.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
rollininstyle2004 said:
That is how it comes from Zender...notched for a Europlate i believe...im still debating what to do with that area since im not sure if i want a europlate or not...

I still have a couple months before this is all getting painted so ill figure something out before then...

the best thing would be to blend it($$$) and don't put a europlate up front...europlates are for beginners. ;)

·
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
evilvariant said:
the best thing would be to blend it($$$) and don't put a europlate up front...europlates are for beginners. ;)
If i were to mold it, i would have to have the body lines that go from the bottom (closest to the grill) of the headlights down to the lower portion blended in as well since I couldnt just mold the spoiler on and leave thoose lines there. The same way Nate did his JE front (the one Enjoytheview has now...he bought it from nate, that was fully molded with thoose lines blended as well).

As i said im going to go to the body shop pretty soon and get some quotes on a few different options. I dont mind spending more money to make it look better. Id rather wait and do it right once then do it cheaply the first time and regret it :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts