Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find the thread for Presidential election predictors, but the 2 that I remember happened this weekend.

Redskins Last Home Game Before the Election:
The legend: For the last 35 years, if the Skins win the last hiome game, the incumbent wins, if they lose, the incumbent loses..

The result: Green Bay beat the skins (with me rooting against my beloved skins for the first time since I was born) 28-14 in what was for all intents and purposes, a blowout. The Pack looked like the guys who used to win superbowls. Go Pack! Ok, now stop!

Advantage: Kerry

Dow Jones Industrial Average:
The legend: If the Dow is up by 3.3% for the month of October, the incumbent always wins. If the Dow is down more than .5% for October, the incumbent loses. This has held true for over 100 years, and of the alchemy of most predictors, I think this does ring true in a way, it does reflect the way people feel about the direction of the country.

The result: The Dow opened at 10192.65 on October 1, 2004, it closed at 10027.47 on October 29, 2004, a loss of 1.6% and change (note that the market rallied last week after falling to around -7%)

Advantage: Kerry

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
any chance you get to say it is a good chance.

Go Pack!!!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
If Kerry wins, will Green Bay change Lambeau Field to Lambert Field?

:poke: :lol:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
:lol:
After all the time he's spent in WI lately, I'm sure he says it right now. Unlike the other candidate, who might try to convince us it really is Lambert field :p

Go Pack!!!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
except the only reason the packers won is that the ref's are garbage. as usual. another bum call costs us the game.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
IDriveB5 said:
except the only reason the packers won is that the ref's are garbage. as usual. another bum call costs us the game.
Funny, I think that's what Gore said last time...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts