Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is pasart 2002 1.8tand yesterday ,dome lights ,power shutter s,trunk ,not working ,also central lock not working and remote not working

·
Registered
1998 Passat GLS Wagon AEB , 2003 Ford Ranger Edge
186 Posts
Id recommend fuse #14 too.

If that doesnt fix it look for water underneath your carpet under you driver seat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When open doors ,not showing door open symbol on the dashboard also.no beep when open doors

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
When open doors ,not showing door open symbol on the dashboard also.no beep when open doors
Is fuse #14 good and did you replace it ?
Do you still have the original problems or do you just have these new faults now ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is fuse #14 good and did you replace it ?
Do you still have the original problems or do you just have these new faults now ?
Replaced .i fogot to tell.these faults are original faults which came with same day.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when open doors ,not showing door open symbol on the dashboard also.no beep when open doors,dome lights , ,power shutter s,trunk ,not working,central lock and remote not working .thanks

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm not wanting to sound demeaning, but here goes.
Do you know how to use a volt meter? When set to DC volts, use the two probes and ground the black lead against a well grounded bolt or metal piece. Using the red lead, check to see if there is power at fuse 14 on both sides of the blade ends on the top of the fuse.
I'm a teacher, so this is how I'd instruct my students to do so.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I heard some tik tik noises from relay location .so i have doubt regarding relay.so pls .tell me which relay could happen this issues .thanks

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
There is no relay under the dash that could cause your issues.

If you want help, please get the voltage at both ends of fuse #14 checked. (with fuse in socket and ignition ON)

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Here is most of the information that I think you are likely to need.

WATER INGRESS AND SOLUTIONS

It looks like you have a problem with the floor harnesses or grounds or the CCM, you can get this fault with or without water ingress.
Locate and fix source of water ingress, if any.
I suggest you completely unwrap all of the CCM harness and pull the wires apart to find the splices, any corroded splices need
to be cut back, soldered, and covered with marine grade heat shrink tubing. (You might need to add short wires to replace what you cut out)
Also check ground connections (1 on floor and on "A" Pillar), and check CCM/TCM and "A" Pillar connectors.

Have a good look at this link, before you start.

This thread attempts to bring together all the problems regarding water ingress and their solutions.
Water Ingress and Solutions

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have fix new CCM. So so dome light car trunk and power shutters are working but my remote is not working. So help me what I do

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
I have fix new CCM. So so dome light car trunk and power shutters are working but my remote is not working. So help me what I do
You need to match the replaced CCM to your keys.

You do need 2 keys. Test: You must be able to lock the driver’s door with the key and have the red led alarm light next to the lock button blink. If it does not blink, the alarm does not know the door is closed and will not go into matching mode. If it does blink, it is working properly, you can then proceed.

Put one key in the ignition switch, turn ignition on, do not start engine. Close the door,(you are outside of the car) use 2nd key, turn door lock and hold in lock position for 10 seconds. Release key to neutral position.
Press and release a button on the remote, wait 2 seconds and press the same button again, the turn signal lights will flash.
This indicates your remote matches the car system and is now recognized. Unlock the door with the key, remove the other key from the ignition. Have all keys and remotes in your hand. Close the door. (you are outside the car) Remote should now work

Remotes DO NOT WORK with the ignition on or if a key is in the ignition switch. They only respond during matching with the ignition on. If you have more than one remote, you must repeat the procedure and REMOVE the key from the ignition each time. Removing the key from the ignition finalizes the procedure.

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
You can remove the door lock cylinder, and then use a screwdriver to activate the lock.
Or you can get another key cut. (This key will not run the engine unless you get it matched by a dealer or VW registered locksmith)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts