Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got APR after 3 years of ownership ! Car has 95,000 Miles and Fault codes where checked and none came up before chipping ! The car hits 19psi and lays back down at 10????? Is that suppose to be so ??? I believe I have a leak somewhere , I dunno but im loving it so far.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same as yours.. 1998 .. i didnt get it done at the GTG... I went to Unforgettable SNP to have it done. Single Program

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Yugh... They didnt do mine right, I dont think. Ill have to check some more things out before I can do more stuff. I did a dual program... 91 and 100 and its not workin right. I only boost up to 9psi on the 91 program.

Not to hijack anymore...
Congrats on the chip and enjoy the added boost.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Phatdub, you definetly have a leak or some other mechanical failure thats causing your boost to not hold properly. I have had similar problems with other vehicles like this before and normally it tends to be the diverter valve. If not, give all compressor outlet hoses a good once over making sure there are no cracks, dry rot, or loose hose clamps. If none of these work, the N75 may be an issue as well as the turbo itself. Try these and let me know what happens. The boost shouls spike like it is doing currently but level right at 15+ or- less than 1 psi. Thanks -Patrick Ashby-

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a GFB Hybrid - Ive tighten the screw down so it can hold that boost. Just recently replaced a check valve. Ive been scouring around looking for old vacume lines. Ive changed the one that comes off the Intake manifold and the one from the N75 to the wastegate. Whats the most common lines that go 1st ? O yeah 1 more thing , I have a bleeder on the wastegate line that I need to take off and put back a normal vac line.. could that be the problem ??

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bumpity Bump :beer:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks PanaSSat24. Ok P_sattvotex i took off the bleeder and put a straight vacume line. Response is much better on the throttle but the boost still falls back pretty quick down to like 11lbs. I checked the lines under the intake manifold visually but should I still changed them..?

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
You should make sure that all of your clamps are nice and secure. I got my car back up and running last night and the boost comes on strong, and slowly fizzles down to about 11. I am going to check and make sure that all of my vacuum hoses have a nice tight seal on them. Even if your hoses are in good exterior shape, we all know that the VW OE hoses SUCK. So, get some decent silicone or new rubber and a nice hose clamp kit and replace them. The hoses under the manifold arent such a big deal on the AEB's since there really arent any down there. Just check the hoses to-from the manifold-DV, and the FPR and manifold. Make sure the seals are nice and tight and a clean nipple surface.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
you said "nipple". :suspicio: You can't say "nipple" anymore. Its not politicly correct. Somebody might be offended and sue. Or we might get an FCC fine.

:crazy:

j/k

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like nipple :lol: , Ill make sure there " nice and clean "

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
11 Participants
1.8Tabamoura
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing