Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
I also had my sons ABS unit reparied with cheap-abs.com and it was fixed right and turned around quickly. Gotta love good service.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Another satisfied customer here!

Shipped my Bosch 5.3 module to http://www.cheap-ABS.com on Mon, 8/6.
It was repaired in one day and shipped back to me on Fri, 8/13 and I received it today (Mon, 8/16).

$99+plus shipping and voilà: your three annoying beeps are gone and your ABS is back in perfect working condition!

Thank you Matt at Cheap-ABS! ([email protected])

Ivan from Michigan

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the ABS light issue myself about a month ago that went from intermittent to always on. Went to the local VW dealership and was quoted just under $3000 to repair the ABS system. After searching around online and on these forums, I decided to go with Mike at Cheapabs.com. They sent over instructions for pulling the ABS module (similar to the instructions I had found online, so that made me feel confident about what to do) and instructions for sending in the module. They answered every question I had before sending it, responded to my questions within about a day, and the turnaround time was 8 days (I sent it over a holiday weekend, otherwise it would have been 7). Their charge was $99 for the repair, $11 for shipping, and you have to of course pay for shipping your module out to them (starting at about $6 depending on rate and extras).

So far I've had the re-manufactured module in for a week and everything is running fine. Can't say enough then about a company that turned a $3000 repair bill into a $125 repair bill (plus 2 hours of my own time in removing and reinstalling the module).

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'd like to add to this...

I read this thread last month and decided to go this route since my abs light had been coming on. So, I contacted Matt, and mailed in my module. Payment was made via Paypal. TWO working days after I mailed it I receive an email from Matt. He tells me that he had a chance to look at my module (I didn't even think he had gotten it yet) and unfortunately he could not fix it. There is nothing wrong with it to begin with. Apparently the problem is indeed the cable that was severed and then soldered at my rear ABS speed sensor when I replaced the rear hub/bearing assembly.

Anyhow, my point is this: :salute: Kudos to the man who will honestly tell me that the problem wasn't my sensor and mail it back with a full refund. Who's to say he couldn't have said he fixed it and kept my paper. That would have been a drag...

So, while I still need to fix the ABS system, I am in good spirits. At least I have the problem a little more narrowed down...

·
8,184 Posts
guess i know what i'm doing this weekend.
Module master has a great write up on pulling the unit. I blocked off an hour and had it done in 30 mins. T25 and a 10mm socket. You will need a little flat head too to get the lower connector off the module. Oh and have zip ties to hang washer tank during the repair work.

·
Registered
19 Posts
They just did mine, works great so far, no more beeps and I can see my mpg again whoop! Matt Mallory is the owner there now, according to the receipt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts