Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AEB owners:

When you installed the New South Power Gasket, did you purchase longer bolts? .... what about those spacers that go in between the gasket and the bolt?

How did you guys installed it??? Its going in tomorrow..

Thanks.

John

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1.8tbeout said:
98 aeb here, i didnt need anything for mine, stock bolts worked fine. results are great.
do you remember the length of bolt exposed when you sticked the bolt through the manifold and gasket...

i measured mine , and its 1/4 inch exposure, did yours matched.

John

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
can you really feel the difference from the gasket?

i don't mean by power wise but heatsoaking problem our car has during
the summer time.....

i'm thinking about getting the gasket but wanted to hear about it little bit
more about it.....

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,264 Posts
The purpose of the "spacers" is to reduce heat transfer through the manifold bolts.

Can I feel the difference? Not in daily driving - at the same time I did the Powergasket, I port-matched the intake manifold, which totally masked anything I might have felt. But the intake manifold definitely feels cooler to the touch now, which has to help.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I could tell a difference with the combination of mods on my car last time it hit the dyno. I have the powergasket, a FMIC, stock airbox, and an electric fan kit. I did three dyno runs and they were all within 5hp of each other. The car is just a lot more consistent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.