Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mother recently got a new Caddy SRX, she just called me with a complaint. She says that the truck doesn't have power steering and it's hard for her to turn while parking. I went and tested it out, the power steering is working fine, but it's just harder to turn than the Eldorado that she's used to. This truck has a big V8 so I assume the heavy front end might make it harder to steer.

Is there anyway to increase the power steering, make it easier for her to turn the wheels at low speeds? Different fluid? Something?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
The SRX - like many other GM's - have Magnasteer, an electric p/s pump. It is the primary complaint of new GM owners.
Have her check with the dealer - there are several settings available that can be changed, at least on my uncles DeVille it was.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TDIBUGMAN said:
The SRX - like many other GM's - have Magnasteer, an electric p/s pump. It is the primary complaint of new GM owners.
Have her check with the dealer - there are several settings available that can be changed, at least on my uncles DeVille it was.
Thank you sir, I'll tell her to call the dealer if you think they can help (I figured they couldn't do anything). I'll also check the tire pressure.

I'll also beat the living shit outta her for not testing out how the vehicle steered at 2MPH while she took it out for a test drive :roll:

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
but go easy. she's your ma!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.