Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i narrowed it down and found that the power steering fluid is leaking. There are 2 tubes that come out of that fluid container. One is large and goes straight towards the engine and the second a smaller one goes down and around like a loop to right infront of the front drivers side wheel. The whole tube is crudded up that goes to the bracket infront of the tire. So i was thinking about replacing it. If i did i would have to drain all the fluid. Now here is the question. What would be the best way to try to remove the air bubbles in the line when im done and where should i look for this tubing? Thanks guys.

THIS IS NOT MY CAR! HEHE

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Just had the return line on my car replaced due to seepage. (sp?) Dealer parts and labor is in the neighborhood of $250. Clamps were replaced too. Second time I had a leak in my system. It would be nice to know if there are silicone type hoses that can be used here instead of rubber.

Also, you should make sure you have permission of the image owner before using his picture. We have had members pigeon-holed as image thiefs in the past. :lol:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man. Im gonna look for the tubing and just do it my self. Im really wondering what kind of steps i need to take to keep airbubles out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
98PassatPimpin
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing