Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help on resolving a problem. My memory for the seats suddenly stopped working, cannot save the settings. The car doesent lock properly if I try to lock it with the key (driver side) Windows will not close like they are supposed after I lock the car with the key and hold it turned. Sometimes The lights do not come on when I open driver side door.
Passenger side seems to work fine.
I had some problems with battery, Had to jump the car twice, but it is fine now.I didn' notice if the door problems were happening before the battery problem. The seat however worked fine.
Does anyone have any ideas, I would hate to take it to the dealer.
Thanks

·
Registered
342 Posts
A-Tiller-the hun said:
why do people hate taking their cars to the dealer... shit, if there is something wrong with it, take it in...

or are you out of warranty...?
I have to agree here. How can you possibly expect to fix something like this yourself? Something probably has to be reprogrammed or something is broke.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why not Dealer:

-My 300z leather seat cut after the dealer visit ( I guess it was a screw driver in back packet)
-300 Z, Dealer changed the brakes-- on the way home the car did not stop on any stop signs, luckely I did not have to cross any major intersections. REASON-car did not need new pads master cylinder was broken. I was driving with almost no breakes at all.
-Jeep Grand Cherokee flooded when dealer washed it and did not close the sunroof or windows (it was soaking wet inside)
Same jeep scratches all over the car when they tried to fix sunroof
-My Passat-wife cannot get the car started at midnight, oops dealer forgot to tighten the battery after the routine service-Connector got loose-I had to go and get her.
-Took my Passat to NTB to buy new tire, they changed the wrong one and scratched the rim with the machine. Then they scratched another one when they were replacing the right tire.
-After the oil change bottom cover for the engine on my Passat falls down and acts as the plow-mechanic forgot to screw it in. Luckly I did not break it. Damn screw were costing me almost $2 each.
-I found a big puddle of oil under my Isuzu truck after oil change--guess what, mechanic did not tighten the oil pan screw after oil change, half of the oil drained on the floor.
-I have got stuck on lake Michigan for 30 min. on my wave runner, finnaly a boat towed me to shore,--again wave runner was in the service and they forgot to tighten gas filter and the hose came loose.

It seems like every time my car leaves the mechanic they screw something else on it. This is the reason why I try to do things myself.
At least I know that it is done properly.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I know that if you disconnect your battery you have to reset your seat, to do this you have to go all the way forward, all the way down and tilt the back part of the seat all the way, this resets the memory, the seat needs a poit of reference, THe dealer showed me that one. I am not sure about your key not working the windows, try it from the passenger side and see if it works, there is always the chance that you have a blown fuse or a loose connection somewhere. Not much else that it could be. make sure you have the red button on the seat in the right position for memory. Hope this helps. 8)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a lot Matador. I have totally forgotten about moving the seat to reset the memory. The door messing up could be battery. I have a new one already so tommorow I will install it and see if it will help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.