Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My power door locks are not working from either my remote or the internal switch.... any suggestions? How difficult would it be as a DIY?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you suggesting that the fuse might be blown, or pulling it will just do some sort of reset?
Will try that this afternoon, thanks.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice, the fuse was blow, BUT now the problems gets a little more complex....

With the new fuse, only 3 out of the 4 door lock mechanisms work, and the horn indicating that the alarm has been set is not working.

Suggestions,

·
Registered
406 Posts
Thanks for the advice, the fuse was blow, BUT now the problems gets a little more complex....

With the new fuse, only 3 out of the 4 door lock mechanisms work, and the horn indicating that the alarm has been set is not working.

Suggestions,
Pulling and replacing fuse 38 resets the central locking system

I'd only be guessing but,......is it the driver's door that doesn't lock?

Try Open, Close, Close on the remote (in quick succession)

Might be a faulty door lock module.
Is the alarm actually arming?
Do your interior lights come on when you open the affected door?
Does the little light on the door itself come on when you open that door?

·
Registered
390 Posts

Suggestions,
Yo Ems .. thought you might wanna take a look at this link if you plan on replacing that driver door lock module. I had similar issues, also noticed the courtesy lamp on the driver door stopped working .. i replaced my lock module my self over all job took about a few hours and a half for me. Here's the link to help you get familiar with how to get to it. MIL .

After replacing the lock module .. all functions restored with the alarm/remote keyless entry plus courtesy lamp working again under driver door.
http://www.taligentx.com/passat/maintenance/doorlockmechanism/

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I will check the link and continue to troubleshoot tomorrow. It is actually the right rear door lock that is not working.
I'm not sure if the alarm is working... the red led light on the drivers door is working, but the horn indicator is not going off.... i wonder if that horn might be on a separate fuse?
Thanks again

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same problem

Hi,

The right rear door doesn't work for me either. Please do let me know if you find out anything. Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My rear left door only locks when I press lock, unlock, lock in quick succession. Even then sometimes it doesn't go. I intend to replace the lock mechanism as per the link. Most likely a cracked solder joint or similar.

·
Registered
406 Posts
My rear left door only locks when I press lock, unlock, lock in quick succession. Even then sometimes it doesn't go. I intend to replace the lock mechanism as per the link. Most likely a cracked solder joint or similar.
Probably find that it's the 4th micro-switch that's gone south rather than a solder joint. Post when you find out. I'm kinda keeping track of soldor joint v microswitch failures in DLMs. I believe the 4th microswitch is the weakest point and the most common reason for failure of the DLM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts