Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Moderate Moderator
16,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yet another East coast Passat that's a real head turner. dublax44

dublax44 said:
I have to start off thanking everyone for the love and support from here and VWVortex. I was completely stunned to receive the POTM nomination via PM. I was speechless. I never would think my car would be worthy after seeing all of you guys’ Passats. It’s an honor and a privilege.

I chose a Passat because no one really does them compared to other cars. Most people go for GTI's and Jettas. I wanted to be a little different. It was 100% bone stock when I bought it. I knew the car would be hard to mod since there really isn't a whole lot to do with the 30V. I came to grips that I wanted it to sound good and look good. I've done a bunch of small aesthetic mods and a few big mods. Even with the performance mods, she’s no speed demon by any means. It’s a daily driver for me, not a show stopper.

Here's the list (as best as I can remember :laugh
Full LED interior lighting
3 Spoke steering wheel swap
Badgeless black grill
Just put red side markers all the way around
Depo Projector Headlights with 5k
Nokya Fogs
Yellow Laminx on fogs
Euroswitch
Europlates
Euro V6 badges
Grey leather door card swap
Grey glovebox swap
Grey driver knee panel swap
OEM monster mats
Kenwood single din headunit
Weighted Wood shift knob
Redline goods shift boot
OEM A6 strut bar
Stubby Antenna
OEM Votex mirror caps
Votex Rep Side Skirts
Disabled DRL's
ECS trunk lid spoiler
ECS rear windshield spoiler

Bigger mods:
Speedtuning USA Stage 2 tune
Custom 2.5 in stainless exhaust with resonator delete, post cat gut, and Magnaflow straight through muffler
Had OEM Sport Eibach springs on at first
Was on VMaxx coilovers
B&M short shifter
Silicone cold air intake

Wheels:
Authentic BBS CK 18x8 et44 wrapped in Nitto Neogens in 205/40
They were Anthracite from factory but I got them powdercoated in hyper silver. Thinking about going gold metallic with some red flake in it next year.
17.5mm spacers in front (need to get 25mm)
15mm spacers in rear

Air Ride:
Accuair Switchspeed Management
Two dual needle air gauges mounted on the steering column with LEDs
Dual 400cc Viair Compressors
Dual water traps
5 Gal raw skinny tank
VU4 manifold
False floor
3/8 lines
Airlift Performance Fronts
Slam Specialties SS-6 Rear bags with Koni yellows
Front Strut tower notch (still need to cut more)
Rear bags are bolted to the beam on the bottom by cut up D-Cups and custom fabricated top mounting plates welded to the top. This has allowed me to tuck an 18” wheel with a flush rear fitment with the spacers.

Future Plans
The paint is pretty bad on it with various scratches and swirls. I would eventually like to get it resprayed in a mocha high metallic brown. Hopefully this motor will last me until I have the funds, resources, and time to do a motor swap. I am thinking a 3.6 VR or if the 3.0 VRT from the factory is actually going to be a thing, I would love to swap one of those in. I need to get bigger spacers for the fronts. I want to get the wheels redone. Maybe another steering wheel swap. The interior is pretty clean but the front seats have the normal wear and tear. I would like to find a set of the A6 sport seats that bolt up.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts