Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am i looking at serious engine damage it hit the camshaft pulley where timeing belt goes . Would the engine cut of to prevent that damage..
What would be first thing to do, to check if the engine cylinder head is dead,

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
:cry:

I would say the only way would be to pull the head and look at the valves and cylinder heads for damage.

What happened? I am assuming you are okay...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rpaller said:
:cry:

I would say the only way would be to pull the head and look at the valves and cylinder heads for damage.

What happened? I am assuming you are okay...
Lost control and hit the fance on hwy..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will have to take a part, if the valves are bent would I need to replace that or I am lookgin at entire cylinder head to be replaced..

·
Registered
761 Posts
vwpassatb5 said:
I will have to take a part, if the valves are bent would I need to replace that or I am lookgin at entire cylinder head to be replaced..
couldnt have bent them that bad to need repalce the whole thing, i think valves and new guides would be cheaper than a whole head but who knows. only thing that might be a problem is if you hit the pulley hard enough to tweak the cams or any related parts :???:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Your radiator and a lot of things are pushing into the crank shaft - not good and very possible for a bad engine. A few of your pulleys along the serpentine belt are flown off too. Rebuild on the way? Uh-oh. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
HKPassat
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing