Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! With all the negative dealer experiences that are out there, I just want to give a shout out and some props to Fox Valley VW in Schaumburg, IL. I have lived here for 2 years after moving from Tucson. I had 1 dealer in Tucson (Chapman VW) that was the absolute pits, so much that I drove 100+ miles to Phoenix to get an oil change... No joke. Same when I lived in Milwaukee, I would drive 30+ miles out of the way to go to Boucher Franklin to avoid EVS.

But anyway, I digress. I have been going to Fox Valley for 2 years with my 08 Rabbit, 04 Jetta, and now my 07 Passat. They are HONEST, fair, fast, they follow up, and don't try to screw you. I either get a loaner or a ride. ALL of my experiences with them have been great in service and and parts. Its a pleasure doing business with them. I had the Passat in for squeaks, cigarette lighter, and ignition issue.

If you've had good experiences with your dealer, post it up! Let's get a GOOD DEALER THREAD!

· Registered
664 Posts
That is good news about the Schaumburg store. We've been using the Fox Valley dealership in West Chicago since getting a GTI in 2008. They try really really hard......the sales guys are fine, the service writers are personable, but recently I've had some issues with the techs just trying to do things too quickly and leaving some sloppy work behind. Eventually I will get them trained. :)

I also use an independent shop in Batavia on Fabyan Pkwy called Euro-Pro Plus, and they are fully-equipped with VAG-COM and lots of knowledge on Tiptronic transmissions.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is good news about the Schaumburg store. We've been using the Fox Valley dealership in West Chicago since getting a GTI in 2008. They try really really hard......the sales guys are fine, the service writers are personable, but recently I've had some issues with the techs just trying to do things too quickly and leaving some sloppy work behind. Eventually I will get them trained. :)

I also use an independent shop in Batavia on Fabyan Pkwy called Euro-Pro Plus, and they are fully-equipped with VAG-COM and lots of knowledge on Tiptronic transmissions.
That is good to know. There is some VAG stuff I want to get done like the window feature, disable DRLs, etc. Good to know they are not too far away.

· Registered
98 Posts
I'm also in the Chicago land area and appreciate the above reviews. Batavia is a bit out there for me (Live in the 630) but the Schaumburg one is fairly local. What is a decent price to pay to go into the dealer to have them do something VAG-COM related?

· Registered
13 Posts
Hey guys! With all the negative dealer experiences that are out there, I just want to give a shout out and some props to Fox Valley VW in Schaumburg, IL. I have lived here for 2 years after moving from Tucson. I had 1 dealer in Tucson (Chapman VW) that was the absolute pits, so much that I drove 100+ miles to Phoenix to get an oil change... No joke. Same when I lived in Milwaukee, I would drive 30+ miles out of the way to go to Boucher Franklin to avoid EVS.

But anyway, I digress. I have been going to Fox Valley for 2 years with my 08 Rabbit, 04 Jetta, and now my 07 Passat. They are HONEST, fair, fast, they follow up, and don't try to screw you. I either get a loaner or a ride. ALL of my experiences with them have been great in service and and parts. Its a pleasure doing business with them. I had the Passat in for squeaks, cigarette lighter, and ignition issue.

If you've had good experiences with your dealer, post it up! Let's get a GOOD DEALER THREAD!
Thanks for the info. I just picked up my 06 last week so I was wondering about good VW shops. I live in Chicago but work in Glendale Heights so the Schaumburg location is not far. On my way home I pass by Larry Roesch VW on Grand in Elmhurst. I might give these guys a shot and post back some feedback on their service unless someone here has already tried them.

· Registered
59 Posts
My dealership here (Colo Springs) is fairly new --its Al Serra VW... they moved in after Hummer moved out and re-did the place in Feb06 and I bought my 06 4mo used (still under warranty) in Mar 06--from out of state.

My service advisor is great (he is the manager as well since they only have 2 service advisor's right now and need more.. they are VERY popular). He orders parts in advance ( as in with my coils, new radio head unit (even when he could not duplicate the volume doing its own thing to me all the time, he believed me and ordered a new one.. and parking brake issue) and has gone as far as to call me at 8p at night when he was researching an issue I was having--found that it had been a common complaint by the way and ordered the new part immed--instead of just saying.. i don't know what you are talking about:crazy:.. like I hear that some do.
This has all been when it was still under manf warranty..out of warranty now but have an extended one.

SO I am very satisfied with this dealer.. just glad it is only 15mins up the road.. as some on here have had to drive waaaay further apparently for good service.:salute:

· Registered
12 Posts
Shoutout to Tom Wood Volkswagen of Indianapolis!!!

Bought my Passat from CarMax with around 28K on it and after reading the service manual I figured I should probably take my ride in for the 30K service just in case. I attempted to get ahold of a dealer that was much closer to me, Falcone Volkswagen (of Indy), via their online service request feature. I told them I wanted to do the 30K service but was interested in price, etc... clicked send and then waited. A few days later I got a call from one of their service guys but I was out so he left a voicemail. I promptly called back and left him a voicemail in return telling him to call me back. After a week of no calls, I redid the online service request and didn't get a response at all. So I turned to Tom Wood and WOW I must say they did an awesome job!

Their service request feature on their website is awesome. You can select what service you want, see pictures of the advisors/technicians right on the webpage and even select which one you'd like to use. From there it'll offer you times available, asks you whether you need a ride or not (dropoff and pickup later/stay and wait for service to be done/dropoff and have a ride provided for you), and even gives you up front pricing. All of the staff were extremely friendly and knowledgeable, didn't push for unneeded services (told me I should have my transmission flushed for the winter but upon inspected it didn't need it so I wasn't charged), and called me immediately after service was completed to let me know I was ready to go. Besides a little comment about my Red Sox front license plate from one of the techs in a Yankees hat :p I had a great experience and would highly recommend them. Definitely returning!

· Registered
62 Posts
Tom Wood?

But they consistently get poor ratings from people on Angie's List. I don't know how much I can trust the reviews on Angie's List for a car service, but people tend to have similar complaints - did not complete the work on time, tried to push unnecessary services (like some fluid replacement or some other minor stuff) that add up.

I had a similar experience at Falcone, but after both of us left voicemails for each other, they called me back in 2 days (on a Thursday), and I had an appointment for Monday. I really can't comment on the quality of service though - because I needed some parts replaced that they didn't have in stock and they ordered 'em for me.

Shoutout to Tom Wood Volkswagen of Indianapolis!!!

Bought my Passat from CarMax with around 28K on it and after reading the service manual I figured I should probably take my ride in for the 30K service just in case. I attempted to get ahold of a dealer that was much closer to me, Falcone Volkswagen (of Indy), via their online service request feature. I told them I wanted to do the 30K service but was interested in price, etc... clicked send and then waited. A few days later I got a call from one of their service guys but I was out so he left a voicemail. I promptly called back and left him a voicemail in return telling him to call me back. After a week of no calls, I redid the online service request and didn't get a response at all. So I turned to Tom Wood and WOW I must say they did an awesome job!

Their service request feature on their website is awesome. You can select what service you want, see pictures of the advisors/technicians right on the webpage and even select which one you'd like to use. From there it'll offer you times available, asks you whether you need a ride or not (dropoff and pickup later/stay and wait for service to be done/dropoff and have a ride provided for you), and even gives you up front pricing. All of the staff were extremely friendly and knowledgeable, didn't push for unneeded services (told me I should have my transmission flushed for the winter but upon inspected it didn't need it so I wasn't charged), and called me immediately after service was completed to let me know I was ready to go. Besides a little comment about my Red Sox front license plate from one of the techs in a Yankees hat :p I had a great experience and would highly recommend them. Definitely returning!

· Registered
250 Posts
My local dealership is Lithia VW of Thornton CO, I only go there to get stuff from the parts counter, and my experiences so far have been very good. The Guys working there are very enthusiastic about what they do. I previously owned a different brand of car whose dealership is on the same road, and they did not like people buying parts to take home to fit themselves (ie: circumventing the labor charges), and would openly show it :lol:. However this is not the case with Lithia of Thornton, they like it and are only too happy to order any obscure VW parts they don't have in stock. I have never taken my car for any work there as I use an Indy for that, but my Wife went to test drive a CC at the same dealership, and the Sales Guy was surprisingly pleasant for a car salesman. :thumbup:

· Registered
9 Posts
I would love to provide a positive dealer experience, unfortunately, I am unable. As a recent VW owner my experience at this dealer has been extremely poor. Good VW dealers seem to be a very rare occurance. Too bad because it reflects poorly on a great car. VW of America needs to do something about it, but I am not optimistic.

· I'm just itching to be Banned
13,878 Posts
I would love to provide a positive dealer experience, unfortunately, I am unable. As a recent VW owner my experience at this dealer has been extremely poor. Good VW dealers seem to be a very rare occurance. Too bad because it reflects poorly on a great car. VW of America needs to do something about it, but I am not optimistic.
Join the club, 99% of us have had terrible experiences with dealer service. I find it more than a little suspicious that the only members that have good experiences with dealers have less than 20 posts each.

· Registered
41 Posts
great dealer in Wakefield Uk

just had the problem with injectors on 2006 2.0 TDI, AA towed me in, they fixed it, all free of charge ( even waved diag fee £75) ready same day!!!! The dealer is JCT 600, on Dewsbury road, Wakefield, very very friendly place. Previous purchases...........a new light switch £59 and a new key £ 130 plus coding

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.