Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vuvision said:
Yeah, one big fat ugly frog ... but I bet you'll take it in a heart beat :p
If it is for free (not kidding) and swap for something really Off-road or 911 Carrera 4S,Steptronic and close with some money in pocket for TechArt mods. I am not fan of this cross-breed kind.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
I like the return-to-round headlights on the 997. I honestly can't visualize a major front-end styling difference in the pic above, therefore, I don't think it's that bad.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
UGLIER THAN THE FIRST ONE! holy crap. Porsche is like killing themselves in front of my eyes. I've been a fan since I was 3. This is just another smack in the face. It's not even a Porsche to me. They are outdoing themselves in the hideousness of this vehicle. They should have AT LEAST taken a note from Lambourghini when they made the LMs and not had the SUV take ANY of the design cues of the cars they make. They MIGHT have made something that looked decent. You know what... I take that back. They just shouldn't have made the damn thing at all. Princes of Performance turned Panderers.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I thought the current Cayenne is awkward looking, this version is just odd with the grafted old school 911 front end.
The Touareg is so much pleasing to the eye (inside and out) for almost half the price. I'd rather take a V10 Touareg and a 2001 Boxster instead.
There's still something wrong about Porsche making a SUV -- they should've made a sports sedan first, it would be the most logical progression.

Let's hope Ferarri and Lamborghini doesn't follow the bandwagon (there was the very limited Lambo LM SUV, but that's excusable).

·
Registered
941 Posts
Nenad said:
Considering Audi Diesel 4.0L, 275 BHP
A Porsche with a V8 and a VW with a V10... I wonder who's gona approve that one :???: Poor Ferdinand is rolling in his grave :cry: First a station wagon and then diesel powered :nervous:

As far as looks go... its just a different Fugly now :puke:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
that so looks like a p-shop job, look closely :suspicio: :suspicio: :suspicio: :suspicio:

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
aowhaus said:
I thought the current Cayenne is awkward looking, this version is just odd with the grafted old school 911 front end.
The Touareg is so much pleasing to the eye (inside and out) for almost half the price. I'd rather take a V10 Touareg and a 2001 Boxster instead.
There's still something wrong about Porsche making a SUV -- they should've made a sports sedan first, it would be the most logical progression.

Let's hope Ferarri and Lamborghini doesn't follow the bandwagon (there was the very limited Lambo LM SUV, but that's excusable).
Agreed 100%. :) Touareg looks lots better, and is more practical, though it doesn't get a huge engine under the hood. Quite a few Cayenne owners agreed as they switched when the Touareg came out. :lol:

Need to get another GT out of Porsche, a new 928. That would be nice to see. :thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
15 Participants
idale
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing