Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
There was a thread on the vortex about this recently, and i agree with the consensus that usually the 'Best Motoring' vids and the like are always a bit biased against non-japanese cars. While its good as entertainment, I'm not convinced its a credible source. I also dont care for the fact that they keep on using Tsukuba as testing grounds. Imho, its one of the shortest (less than a mi iirc), and most boring tracks period. Doing well there alone isn't at all indicative of a car's capabilities.

That being said, I personally like the GTR a lot more than the 997 turbo. I'm generally not a Porsche fan save for a few exceptions, but I think it deserves a more fair comparison.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great points. the test track is rather small. the gtr did do an amazing job of hanging on to the corner and passing the 997. the corner is the hardest part to make a pass, and the the skyline enters and exits every corner the same. looks like a really well balanced car. porsche is really the baseline for all other cars to follow, i would think.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
that gt-r looks like it handles like a beast!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts