Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the worst has happened. My little b5 is biting the dealers bullet and biting it hard. I took it to Casy VW and they wanted $125 just to run a vag com on the trans alone. When I ask for a complete car diagnostic they said it would be at least $400 :mad: what a FArrging rip. Thankfully I found another dealer that treat me with the respect a dyi guy needs and best of all they'll do the whole car diag for only $79. CASY IS A BUNCH OF CLOWNS. They must think I'm really dumb or somin. :crazy:
But here's the best part. Before tonight I though It was just my tiptronic acting up. so on the way to the dealer the car starts doing the b5 stutter.
I pull over at a gas station thinking damn the tranny is going out right now!!!! :cry: I open the hood and what do my eyes behold...... :shock:
A turbo that is glowing the color of the cigerret I just lit 5 seconds ago. :evil: the dreaded oil cooler line problem has struck again and this time it got me..... :( my turbos bearing are mealted together like milk and butter in a microwave and now I have more repairs for the dealer.
Damnit Jimmy!!!!!
So anyways here is my question... Can the back pressure cause by a non spinning turbo creat detonation in the cylnders and bend/hurt the internals of the engine? :suspicio: I sure as hell hope not but hey I'm replace everything else so why not the engine to right? Also anyone know what the location is for the emergeny flaser relay? not the fuse the relay. I found out those ain't working either tonight. AGONY AG O NY!!!!!! :cry:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
98 passat gls tip 1.8T, And I know where the flasher button is I need to know here the physical relay is you know the little box that goes tick tick, tick tick. And mine have the foil around them but I think it was installed after the cooling line blew out on the previous owner of the car. :mad:
Any help on the back pressure problem????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts