Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
My vote goes to Kerry. I don't want Bush to win or steal another election. Sick and tired of Bush and the republican machine :puke:

My 2 cents

After another attack on US soil or US interest Kerry in a landslide

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I'm holding out for the ringer myself

I figure Bush has to either catch Bin Laden or make Guliani his running mate for a sure fire chance to win again

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I honestly don't care about the fact that we wanted to go to war with Iraq, because Hussein was one bad mofo, but the fact that we had to try to justify it with WMD's, which there are none, is just really bad. I say we either should have gone to war to just get rid of Saddam and not make up some BS story to make it justifyable to the world, or we should just come clean and say "We thought he had WMD, but we didn't find any WMD, accidents happen." :roll:

Too bad they're never going to say that....damn politics are so non-sensical, if politics wasn't so much of "Let's cover my own ass" than it really is, maybe we'd be in a more honest government.

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
Kiyoshi said:
I honestly don't care about the fact that we wanted to go to war with Iraq, because Hussein was one bad mofo, but the fact that we had to try to justify it with WMD's, which there are none, is just really bad. I say we either should have gone to war to just get rid of Saddam and not make up some BS story to make it justifyable to the world, or we should just come clean and say "We thought he had WMD, but we didn't find any WMD, accidents happen." :roll:

Too bad they're never going to say that....damn politics are so non-sensical, if politics wasn't so much of "Let's cover my own ass" than it really is, maybe we'd be in a more honest government.
Do you really think those were the real reasons????....PLEASE tell that snot the case....

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
passaturbonium said:
Kiyoshi said:

Do you really think those were the real reasons????....PLEASE tell that snot the case....

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Jacob
it was OIL

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
I vote for Bush cause I liked my tax cut. I also don't want to become like Germany and France that has 50% tax and $4 gas to pay for their socialized medicine.

I agree though Cheney needs to fake a heart attack so Bush can get Guiliani on the ticket to really cement his chances of winning.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not_too_shabby said:
I vote for Bush cause I liked my tax cut. I also don't want to become like Germany and France that has 50% tax and $4 gas to pay for their socialized medicine.

I agree though Cheney needs to fake a heart attack so Bush can get Guiliani on the ticket to really cement his chances of winning.
not any more
Germans are changing their free medicare... not anymore :(
I guess there is no Eden on Earth :lol:

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Here's a challenge. Someone make a chart of both candidates & write in the pro's & cons for either president. I am a Republican, but if you can make a compelling argument for why the Democrats should take over the White House, I may swing my vote. But you will need to convince me. Anyone up for the challenge? And I dont want to see a chart of opinions. Cold hard facts. Gimme each person's track record.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
I will vote for President Bush again as well.

For me, national security is a primary issue (President Bush is the clear leader on this issue) and, like not_too_shabby, I also appreciate my tax cut (although I'd appreciate it much more if there were significant gov't spending cuts as well). The economy continues it's upswing. Leadership and integrity are also important (even if you don't agree with the issues).

And while President Bush is not perfect, there is absolutely nothing that Kerry (or any other "major" candidate for that matter) brings to the table that is the least bit attractive to me.

Equally as important is making sure that representatives that share views similar to the ones most important to me are elected to Congress and local offices.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
BoeserBlick said:
Here's a challenge. Someone make a chart of both candidates & write in the pro's & cons for either president. I am a Republican, but if you can make a compelling argument for why the Democrats should take over the White House, I may swing my vote. But you will need to convince me. Anyone up for the challenge? And I dont want to see a chart of opinions. Cold hard facts. Gimme each person's track record.
I am with you on this one, give me some actual fact based reasons to swing my vote, not just opinions on what Bush has/hasnt done.
Just because you dont like Bush doesnt mean that Kerry is a better candidate. In other words not liking Bush and/or what he has done is not a good reason to vote for Kerry or anyone else, just because he is not Bush doesnt mean he would be better than Bush.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BoeserBlick said:
XedoS69 said:
I have different point of view
In my opinion, a tthis time everyone else than Bush is a good candidate :)
But why? Im not asking for so much. Just tell me why anyone else is better. Compelling arguments please.
Ok,
Here is my opinion. He does good job on the homeland security but other than that…….
We should have a president that represents the country at some level. When you have a president of Romania visiting you and there are Russian flags on the tables, something is wrong!!??
The next thing is that he pays to much attention to the homeland security think. If you scare your nation it is easier to control it. Look what happened in Spain. Everyone voted for opposition because they were scared of the latest events.
What about our jobs that are being shipped overseas? What he couldn’t start doing something about it way back, not now when my company has 70% of the design work done in India….
He should pay more attention to what is going on in here than outside. And stop messing around 'cause it may start a huge World conflict...
Want some more???

This is only me and I am Polish= always against the one who keeps the power :lol:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I think Bush is the lesser of the evils. I don't like a lot of the things he's done, but I don't want to pay more taxes for public things like welfare -- my money is MINE to keep. And at least Bush is reliable, you know what you are getting into. Kerry keeps flip-flopping.

The overseas job thing really bothers me but I've heard Kerry is for (or at least isn't against) it anyway.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
I hope all of the so called 'candidates' get struck down by lightening for their heathenous blaspheming.
Bush on Homeland security: I don't buy it. Just because we haven't been attacked doesn't mean it's working. Regardless the Clinton Whitehouse designed the department of Homeland Security not Bush. 9-11 made what Clintons cabinet lef ton the table for Bush neccessity. Why didn't they follow the direction of Clinton's cabinet and Institute Homeland security BEFORE 9-11?
Kerry on the Millitary: Kerry is owned by the DOD. Kerry and McCain together have played a key role in suppressing what happened to all of the 6k+ POW's during Vietnam. Read about it. It's appalling. They sold out their brothers for what? Kerry will also promote making the millitary larger and reverse the slow progress Rumsfeld has made scaling it down. Better pay, fewer soldiers, better training, better equipment. Kerry won't push for it.
Neither Bush nor Kerry has a proven willingness to fight for our environment, and since both get sizeable chunks of their campaign money from big business it is against their interest to do so.
Bush on Prescriptions: While I'm a fan of the idea of cutting spending I don't think that the first step in helping medicare recipients is to privatize it and de-regulate it. Costs are high enough and will only go up under this plan.

I don't want to do this. Ugh... They both SUCK and I could name a thousand ways that they both suck.
It's 2000 all over again.

Niether candidate has an iota of integrity. Quit folling yourself. That is proven by the fact that either has a chance at winning. You can't achieve front runner status without being a two-faced liar. PERIOD. The system is F%&ked.

R. BUCKMINSTER FULLER for President! GUNS AND DOPE PARTY FOREVER!

·
0 Posts
The next president should have the skill to blame the past president, the forsight to screw the next president, and the intellegence to have appear to make a difference. With that said "I'm for kerry yeah!" :lol:

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
About this Discussion
119 Replies
34 Participants
linux-works
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing