• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Intake Manifold and Valve Cover:

VS.

Yeah yeah, the polished one looks nice, but will require more TLC.

They are both AROUND the same price ($130-175)

The Powdercoated Intake mani looks simply evil.

What do you think?[/img]

·
Registered
778 Posts
My aesthetic sensibilities may (as usual) put me in the minority on this one, but... I definitely prefer the powder coated look. No contest!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I've been thinking about this too. I remember from my air-cooled V-Dub days that a black textured finish will dissipate heat, whereas the polished will retain heat. My guess is that, in this case, the difference wouldn’t be enough to justify the mod. But if I ever get around to doing something, I think I’ll go black and add a power gasket.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies dudes! All Good!

So far I've got 3 people who responed to a simple poll, and 59 people who obviously thought that the next word in the subject was KNOB because they looked at the post, and didn't say anything! :thumbdow:

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
Well, he would say Polished but i like the powder coated myself. The reason is simply the care. If you don't wipe it dowm on a daily bases, it will start getting bad quickly for sure, that and the powder coated one does look kind of :evil: :nervous: ......................... :thumbup: .

·
Banned
3,006 Posts
Spanky McGee said:

So far I've got 3 people who responed to a simple poll, and 59 people who obviously thought that the next word in the subject was KNOB because they looked at the post, and didn't say anything! :thumbdow:
hey get used to that sorta thing around here. the actual number of people that replay to topics is much smaller than the miscellaneous lurkers. :roll:

I would say powdercoated

Nick

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
You should powdercoat your knob. :wink:

It depends on what you plan to do w/ the rest of your engine bay.

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
For my Passat, I actually would say powerder coat, IF you're not going to be doing shows. I would agree, more TLC to keep it shiny at all times. However, I would probably poweder coat mine RED. :)

Now on my Cobra, I'm going with more polish/chrome. But that's another thing altogether.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Powdercoat definitely!

redb5sdca said:
Spanky McGee said:

hey get used to that sorta thing around here. the actual number of people that replay to topics is much smaller than the miscellaneous lurkers. :roll:

I would say powdercoated

Nick
Definitely powdercoat!

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
powdercoat :thumbup:

·
Registered
402 Posts
How about a nice heat barrier coating. What can I say, i am not into bling, but if I can't choose a "new" choice, then I say neither, b/c I can't decide which one gives more horsepower without seeing any stickers.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
i did the semi polished and semi painted intake on mine.looks pretty good :thumbup:

·
Registered
897 Posts
polished is the way to go where are you getting this done and is it a replacement or the origanal

1 - 20 of 28 Posts