Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone wanna participate? I'm trying to figure out if being this far north is just hosing me on prices for having work done, or if it's just the PNW in general is alot higher than other areas of the country.

In Bellingham, for a complete Timing Belt job, I've gotten the following quotes

SK Motorsports - 800 if I supply ECS Ultimate Kit, 1300 if I use their parts (comes with 12mo/12k parts/labor warranty)
Harmony Motors - 1600, refuses to install customer supplied parts, but guarantees everything in the ECS kit would be replaced.
Roger Jobs Audi/VW/Porsche - Still waiting but when I had them quote the job 4 years ago, they were around 1600 as well, a little higher.

I see people posting about TB jobs being done for as little as 400 with supplied parts or 800 with all parts included, but most of those are east coast. I'm wondering if it's just a Bellingham thing, or a Washington thing to pay 2-3x what the rest of the country pays for service??

Chime in with your mechanic quotes on similar work...I'd be tempted to drive as far as Everett or Seattle for a decent mechanic if the savings is there!

·
Whats Up Doc
2,816 Posts
Cody251 has done quite a few of these at his place...(I am a satisfied customer) Id, get in touch with him...... and get a quote

·
Registered
178 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I feel like reviving it. I can vouch for Cody, he does excellant work and he did most of the timing belt job on my car.

You may want to give Autosport Import a call, they are down by the airport. When I am in a jam I usually take my car there and they do really good work at a great price. One of their techs used to work for Auburn VW. They quoted me $800 if supplied the ECS tuning kit.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Idk if you took care of it or not seeing that this thread is old. But you could try Johns Repair just to compare prices. I know they work on a lot of the VW campers and other older VWs. Here is the info if your interested.

John's Repair
208 McKenzie Avenue, Bellingham, WA
(360) 733-1982 ‎

1 - 4 of 4 Posts