Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because of this hit and run, I need a good body shop in Queens to work their magic. http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=82391 Can anyone reccommend a really good shop in the Queens area that can fix this?

I really hope what vwpassat980 says is not true. I don't want them to total it. That would suck. I just bought all this stuff from S_Klass and Chas too. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Banned
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^^ Man, I was looking at everyone with suspicion :suspicio: for the first 10 minutes. The guy walking his dog, I was :suspicio: . The lady pushing her stroller :suspicio: . The mailman :suspicio: . The stray cats I threw water at when they wake me up at night :suspicio: .

Steve, if your bodyman is good, I don't mind going to BK for it. Is it along a subway line? Can I get to work after I drop it off?

·
Banned
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These are some really good ideas. Thanks for the input. Keep it comming.

I do like BB's suggestion on AutoFix, though. Looking at old pics of Norah, I am amazed by the quality of work. Is AutoFix close to the LIRR?

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
VWinOrlando said:
damn it must be hard living in NY...two places so close together (Queens, BK) are so far apart
huh?

Jeff, I would try Autofix and see what they say - they seem pricey but it is TOP NOTCH work. See what Steve's place is too. How about all those places near Shea...lol... :lol:

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
VWinOrlando said:
damn it must be hard living in NY...two places so close together (Queens, BK) are so far apart
Actually they are very accessable. All 5 boros are. You can get to any boro via subway... well except Staten Island (but thats like another country). The NYC subway system makes a BIG city much more local. Very convenient too. If you've lived in NYC you'd know what I'm talking about. Unlike Florida where you gotta drive all time to get anywhere, NYC has a multitude of teravel options.

·
Banned
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
VWinOrlando said:
I think I know what you mean. Everything is accessable by subway or bus, but it's a hassle sometimes. The subway sistem is pretty spread out in Brooklyn, but in Queens, some people have to transfer to 2 buses to get to a subway line.

·
Registered
399 Posts
If you're willing to come out a little further onto Long Island, I'd recommend Maple Place Garage in Manhasset. They do good work, and are right next to the RR station. 516 365-3530 John Mizzi is the owner. Tell him David McConnell recommended him. :thumbup:

My car goes in to them Monday for a hit 'n run to the rear fender and tail light.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
i didn't mean anything agains you NYers...was just saying the boroughs are almost inaccesible by car, and thats all we know down here in FL...although we do need some kind of subway system or something the way traffic is down here...the problem here in Orlando is that there is too many roads and not enough highways...and all the highways we do have except one (I-4) are toll roads...its a bitch to try to get across town, rush hour or not

·
Registered
314 Posts
Jeff..sorry to hear of this. I recently spoke to Steve about Ricky, You and Himself doing a garage day at my place when he was over recently. Maybe after the BBB3 when you get her fixed..whadda think?

I know some shops but they are in the Bronx.

Sam...

·
Banned
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sam, sounds good. I'm visiting my parents that weekend and flying back that Sunday morning. I was planning on parking it at LGA and heading straight into Marine Park when I get back. I hope to get the car fixed before then, so I can go to the GTG. If I can't, then there's no use going to the GTG unless I show up in a yellow cab. :cry:

I looked up AutoFix and they are near Islip. That's REALLY far. So I called my dealer (Koeppel) and they do body work. If they can fix it, I'll take it out to them. Plus, they are on the subway line, so I can just drop it off and go from there. I just want the least amount of hassle.

So, what's involved in Garage Day at Sam's? Sounds like fun.

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Jeff,
Don't use Koepell's shop. They will just overcharge you (dealer mark up) and most likely use some cheesola shop (like that ghetto place right next to them) to do the work.
BTW, I live really close to Koepell. holler at me if you're ever near there.
- Joe

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.