Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my car back from dealership and was putting the stock DV back on my car because they said my engine grinding noise is the aftermarket part!! Any way on the repair bill they said they replaced both o2 sensors, a cam shaft seal that was leaking and a water pump and charged me $100 to take off my stainless steele vaccum lines with hose clamps and replace with factory lines - said mine which are 5 months old are leaking!!
Anyway while under the car I was looking for the o2 sensors and water pump to see if they are actually replaced. The o2 sensors are on the exhaust right one low and one high? neither of them look like they are new, nore had a wrench on them. Where is the water pump? Nothing attached to a belt looks new. This is all from going in for a timing belt change and I now have an awful loud sqeulch and they are saying its my DV and nothing they touched!

·
Loose female member
4,889 Posts
Something stinks and it ain't the fish.
Not too sure about the water pump, I have a V6. different engine probably different location.
As for the O2 sensors, check the wiring. If it's new it should stand out.
One of the 1.8 guys will have better info regarding the DV and the squelch sound.

Were you bending over when they charged you to remove your Stainless Vacuum hoses? Never heard of stainless Vacuum hoses on a car, but you live and learn

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No not bending over - they were not that kind. I replaced DV and still get noise back to the shop in the morning - want to find these parts so I can point them out. I found what I think are the o2 sensors but they are old as the parts are not rusty but old and the wires have dust and dirt on them no way new.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts