Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I had engine light on a few times a week depending how much I drove. The code could be P0171 or B2aaa or B2aaa Pd. I had replaced Crankcase vent valve and its short breathe hose, cleaned Mass Air Flow sensor. But I still got the engine light on and the code. Upon reviewing photos I took I found one hose is cracked. I do not know what hose is it and if this is related to the engine light and the code. It's 2008 Passat 2.0T FSI. I took a few more photos that show it's location and the entire hose and its two ends. I circled the hose with red lines. Please help me identify it so I can buy a replacement. Thanks.

Auto part Fuel line Engine Exhaust manifold Pipe
Auto part Engine Vehicle Fuel line Car
Auto part Engine Vehicle Fuel line Car
Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Vehicle Pipe
Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Automotive engine part

Attachments

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Double check the part number shown on the hose. I used photo #6 and part # 1K0 612 041 CH (not 100% sure on the last 2 letters) to come up with this: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/brake-booster-hose/1k0612041gm/

BTW, if you're new to VWs, you can more rarely by the month buy just the broken part...everything's part of an "assembly" that always costs ~25 to 40 percent more since they're charging you for parts that aren't broken. But in this case, the brake booster (vacuum source) hose is a safety item, so that's likely the reason for the assembly (the split portion is thermally bonded to the nipple it connects to).

Good news is your braking response may/should improve when replacing this assembly if air is leaking into the crack while the engine's running. $40 + shipping isn't too bad.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have replaced this part and the number I had to use ended in "GM" rather than "CH". It was called "Brake Vacuum Assembly". All minor details for sure since it appears to be the same part. I got mine from FCP Euro. It most certainly is part of the brake system but more importantly it is part of the vacuum system and can directly affect timing, etc... Throw a search for "1K0-612-041-GM" Brake Vacuum assembly and you'll come up with literally dozens of sources!

I broke mine while removing the fuel pump assembly to change my follower...bull in the china shop syndrome. FCP sent it out right away...2 days from order it was replaced! Aint modern tech amazing?!? ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
for what it's worth, I just replaced all of the vacuum lines with small diameter radiator hose, since I needed them right away and I couldn't find anything else in town. cheap, effective, and will probably last longer than the crappy OEM vac lines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts