Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I install them or sell them??
Because in a trip to Dubai I bought these stuff ... but now I wanted to ask what every body think?!

1. 2 x JBL GTO-6505CE 17cm 2 Way Component Kit for fornt and rear

spec:
90W RMS
270W Peak
4 Ohms
Surface, Flush, or Angled Tweeter Mount
55Hz - 21kHz
Sensitivity 92dB
External Crossover

-------------

2. JBL GTO6000 1100w 6 channel Amplifier

spec:
Class: AB
Max Power: 1100W
RMS Power @ 4Ohms: 4X50W + 2x75W
RMS Power @ 2Ohms: 4X75W + 2x125W
RMS Bridged: 2x150W + 250W
Freq. Response: 10Hz - 40kHz
THD: 0.1%
S/N Ratio: >92
Bass Boost: +6dB @ 45Hz
Crossover: Ch 1/2, 3/4: Flat/HP;
Ch 5/6: Flat/LP
Variable: 30Hz - 320Hz
Slope: 12 dB/oct.
Input sensitivity: 250mV - 4V
Dimensions (WxHxL): 568 x 55 x 294 mm

-------------

3. JBL CTX3000 Subwoofer Tube

spec:
RMS Power Handling: 200W
RMS Power Handling: 400W Peak
Sensitivity (2,83 V @ 1m): 95dB
Frequency Response: 30Hz - 200Hz
Impedance: 4 Ohms
Dimensions (Diam. XL): 350 x 720mm

total cost= 430$!!! thats why i bought them!

I have not listen to them at all excpet the tube and sounded really good

anyone has an advice?

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
jbl is the kind of audio equip you'd find at an auto parts store. along with mufflers and oil and pine trees that you hang from your rear view mirror to, uhm, 'improve the smell' of the car ;-)

I don't think I've seen jbl (car audio) in proper car audio stores. this could mean something, maybe..

their pro division, for large speakers is ok. but for car audio they've never been considered even as good as common brands like sony and kenwood and pioneer.

btw, have you listened to those speakers yet? what have you heard that you've liked? (brands)

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
linux-works said:
jbl is the kind of audio equip you'd find at an auto parts store. along with mufflers and oil and pine trees that you hang from your rear view mirror to, uhm, 'improve the smell' of the car ;-)

I don't think I've seen jbl (car audio) in proper car audio stores. this could mean something, maybe..

their pro division, for large speakers is ok. but for car audio they've never been considered even as good as common brands like sony and kenwood and pioneer.

btw, have you listened to those speakers yet? what have you heard that you've liked? (brands)
not completely true, JBL make 2 kinds of products. stuff you find at wallmart and stuff you could only find in the eliet of eliet of audio stores. The GTO and Loud & Clear series pretty shit and cost very little. This is whats in the mainstream store (best buy, circuit city, etc...). Then there is a line of JBL called the GTI series which is VERY high end audio and is used in competitions. This could only be purchased at specialty audio stores so the consumer store going public doesnt really know about it.

same goes for cerwin vega. most of their subs are ass but the stroker series is THE kind of SPL competitions and cost as much as 5 of your sony and kenwood and pioneer.

Ya know, just to clear things up. and yeah the things taz have list arent the top line of JBL.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
The JBL power series amps are also quite a bargain. Their 1200 watt class D can be found for $250 on the internet, and is relatively clean as well (well, for a class D that is). I'd put it around the other mainstream amp makers like Alpine and RF...just with a much cheaper pricetag.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts