Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any good places to buy a desktop computer? I am either building or buying (I think buying one will be cheaper!) a new system for my girlfriend's parents. They are replacing a PC that is about 5 years old. I'm looking for a computer that is under $600 and a 17" LCD monitor.

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Dell! just keep checking the site for good deals. I got my desktop last may, 2.53ghz blah blah blah....for a little under 300, then I got my 18" lcd a couple weeks later for around 400. Once they have deals there just gonna get better. So keep your eye out on www.bensbargains.net, www.techbargains.net, and www.slickdeals.net all great sites for deals! good luck dude! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Didn't know you were a computer geek Baisee!

Anyways, send me some money and I'll build your computer!!! :lol:

But if you aren't a hardcore nut like me and dont' need a home-made computer so you can modify it and whatnot, I say just go to Dell or some other large brand, they've got some cheap deals, from what I can tell from their TV ads....$700 for a computer faster than my super-modded (car term for a computer LOL) Dell from over 2 years ago.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Dittoes to baisee00! Dell's LCD monitors are among the top-rated "non-professional" LCDs, plus are pretty nicely packaged and competitively priced. For Christmas last year I bought one of their PCs and picked up their top-rated 19" LCD (model# 1901FP) for $519 and got a free all-in-one printer. It was a bit more than I wanted to spend on a monitor, but at $150 off their regular price it was a bargain and will pay for itself over time.

If you're shopping Dell, check both the "Home" and "Small Business" sides of their website; sometimes they offer significantly better deals (on the same items) on one side than on the other.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
i am soooo not a computer geek, i just LOOOVE shoppping! and good deals are a bonus :thumbup:

I got the 18" LCD and now everytime I sit at anyone else's computer they're monitor seems so small! but my uncle just got a 20" LCD from dell and it's AWESOME! i want one now!!! :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
baisee00
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing