Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,584 Posts
We usually go, but I'm passing this year. I'm starting a big home renovation project and I can't afford to get bitten by the I-want-a-new-car bug right now! I know, I should exhibit more self-control.... I'll probably be going to the Home Show, though! :)

After reading about Detroit, New York and LA, our show is pretty lame. One year, I'm gonna go to Detroit for the big one.

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
After reading about Detroit, New York and LA, our show is pretty lame. One year, I'm gonna go to Detroit for the big one.
You know I never really thought about that but now since you've mentioned it I like the idea. Think I'll have to look into this.

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
Altair 4 said:
We usually go, but I'm passing this year. I'm starting a big home renovation project and I can't afford to get bitten by the I-want-a-new-car bug right now! I know, I should exhibit more self-control.... I'll probably be going to the Home Show, though! :)

i live in nj now...the ny one isnt all that compared to detroit.
i used to live in pittsburgh for most of my life...but i drove to detroit every january to that auto show cuz ours was suckie...

but the new david lawrecne convetion center would be cool to see.

hey flipped, let's road trip to D-town next year...we'll take you w8 :wink:

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
4meezy said:
i used to live in pittsburgh for most of my life...but i drove to detroit every january to that auto show cuz ours was suckie...

but the new david lawrecne convetion center would be cool to see.

hey Flippped, let's road trip to D-town next year...we'll take you w8 :wink:
You never know :wink: plus I still owe you that trade so this might be the perfect time to do it. :lol:

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
4meezy said:
I always enjoy Chicago's auto show, anyone seen both chicago's and detriots? Intrested to hear how they comapare.

I will say having it in the new McCormick center, with everything on one level is nice.

-Nick

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah. It kinda sucked donkey balls.

Although the new Elise was there. :bow:

The TL is pretty awesome. Great ergonomics, nice gearbox, the big Brembo's are pretty hot. The seats are awesome...good shoulder support and side support.

The new Legacy 2.5GT is also another winner in my book. Decent ergonomics, nice 2.5L under the bonnet, and I still can't believe its lighter than the Impreza! :shock:

The Phaeton was alright...the whole interior seemed...square. Everything was square. Ergonomics were :sleep: .

The Rolls Royce Phantom was pretty ridiculous.

The new something anniversary Porsche wasn't all too cool.

The new S40 has nice body lines, but the interior is weird.

The Mazda 3 sedan looked kinda neat, and seems like a great bargain.

The R32 looks neat on the outside, but the interior is so bland, I didn't feel like I was in a sports car. I felt like I was sitting in my Passat when I slid behind the wheel. The side bolsters don't do crap for me, since I'm small, although the huge lumbar support was nice.

The Evolution VIII seats did have decent side bolsters, but they're painful when you drop a leg on it, not expecting it to be there. The interior was cheap, which was expected.

The new Viper is pretty hot. Go Japanese designers! :lol: Dodge has a couple new giant cars.

Infiniti's new GIANT QX56 is positively the ugliest thing I've ever seen.

The new Z roadster is kinda crappy...I much prefer the lines of the coupe version.

The Aston Martin DB9 pure sex.

Saab's new 9-3 convertible looks neat...except the big gay tailights, and the steering wheel looked ENORMOUS for some reason...

Chris Bangle will most definitely go to hell.

Saturns are ugly. Saturn Ion's with a body kit is even uglier. Saturn Vue's with a body kit is the ugliest of all.

The new Prius is pretty cool...lots of room up front, rear is a bit small, and the hatch really isn't that big at all. The trunk floor is pretty high.

Mercedes has nothing new. Mercury has nothing new. Audi has nothing new. Even if Lincoln had something new, I wouldn't know. Ford, same deal. Hyundai, Kia, Cadillac, etc...all the same. And Oldsmobile still exists? They had a booth... :crazy:

And I've decided that I must drive BeaveRun at least once this year.

The Convention Center is pretty nice.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
stealthx32 said:
The new Legacy 2.5GT is also another winner in my book. Decent ergonomics, nice 2.5L under the bonnet, and I still can't believe its lighter than the Impreza! :shock:
Dang Im impressed....

Did they have any info on it there?

I was mad, after they released the New Legacy at the detroit auto show, I thought, for sure it will be at the chicago auto show.

But no, of course not....errr. They had the new Outbacks, there, including the outback GT with the same 2.5L turbo chaged engine. So sitting inside of it, was pretty similar to the new legacy.

But they still havn't released pricing, they damn thing comes out in april, give me a price!!!!

-Nick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts