Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys I'm looking and a new nav. for my B5.5 and debating between the Pioneer f700BT and F900BT. You can do lots of hacks to them which makes me happy. Anyway I came across this thread with a deal. I checked it and its still active, and it's from an authorized dealer. check it out if your interested in this unit.
http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21188&highlight=avic+700bt++90bt

·
Never mind me, I'm lazy!
350 Posts
i am also looking at the same one for the price. Let me know if you get them and have pics installed. Anyone with experience with the 700bt.

·
Confused
3,557 Posts
could you explain?

·
Registered
9,414 Posts
thats the going rate price on ebay ($400)

http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-AVIC-F700BT-DOUBLE-DIN-CAR-NAVIGATION-BLUETOOTH_W0QQitemZ300289871135QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Video_Navigation?hash=item300289871135&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A16|39%3A1|240%3A1308

·
Confused
3,557 Posts
Wow! Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I hate mine, it's a waste of money, even at that price.
I'm wondering y u hate yours so much. :confused:
I have the AVIC 700bt in my W8. It was installed in mid december and it is working flawlessly since that. I went to FL in december and i used the gps for POI and directions and it was working just fine. I love all the features and options.
But get this, i got mine brand new from ebay for $200 ;)
I would buy another one to my V6 passat if i could;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Have you owned any AVN units other than the F-Series? Compared to many aftermarket units, and most OEM options, the UI and functionality of the F-Series is atrocious.

That's before the dozens of bugs, connection problems and resets that occur in any given period of time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well, I bought one. I'm kinda nervous to be replacing ye olde faithful.. I have had an Alpine cda 7897 v drive in there for quite a while. Hopefully the F series doesn't suck as much as everyone says.

·
for your entertainment...
7,035 Posts
I've had an F700BT in my car since August and the thing works great. I have no issues with it whatsoever. Granted a week in i had to have it replaced cuz the screen died, but since then smooth sailing, touch wood.

·
Registered
52 Posts
When you're listening to the radio, does the unit display the song/artist? Lots of mixed reviews..I have the AVH4000 in my car now but would prefer the F700, just waiting to hear some more thoughts on it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
When you're listening to the radio, does the unit display the song/artist? Lots of mixed reviews..I have the AVH4000 in my car now but would prefer the F700, just waiting to hear some more thoughts on it.
What type of radio? AM/FM, HD or satellite? None of the new AVIC nav units have RDS, so you won't get any information while listening to free broadcast radio. You can display song title/artist info for HD radio and satellite, but only when on the A/V source screen, not on the map display screen.

·
for your entertainment...
7,035 Posts
What type of radio? AM/FM, HD or satellite? None of the new AVIC nav units have RDS, so you won't get any information while listening to free broadcast radio. You can display song title/artist info for HD radio and satellite, but only when on the A/V source screen, not on the map display screen.

X2... on 'free' radio, you don't get song info.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts