Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many of you have removed the pinstripes on your car? i have a silver 2000 v6 4motion that i bought about 6 months ago. it came with black and dark silver pinstripes.

well, i got so tired of the pinstripes that i finally removed them this afternoon. it was very easy to do, and what a difference! the lines of the car look much better now.

thought i'd share. if you're contemplating removing yours, go for it. it is an easy process, and i think the results look great! :thumbup:

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
If they are actually painted on then i doubt you can remove them, if they are just like a vinyl pinstrip then im sure they can be removed. Not sure about the correct method of doing that though. Sorry

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I know thay are painted because when I had my drivers side fender replaced, the collision center had to have a guy come out and hand paint them on. Damn good job too!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mine were vinyl strips. the car had been sitting in the warm afternoon sun, and i just picked the end with my finger nail and pulled. they came off with no problem. there was a little sticky residue that came right off when i rubbed it with a cloth.

the car looks much better now. :thumbup:

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
B5Buckeye said:
mine were vinyl strips. the car had been sitting in the warm afternoon sun, and i just picked the end with my finger nail and pulled. they came off with no problem. there was a little sticky residue that came right off when i rubbed it with a cloth.

the car looks much better now. :thumbup:
Nice :thumbup:

·
Registered
170 Posts
What's up with all the pinstrip negativity! :???: I'm not feelin' the love here! Here is the way I look at it, it was either a killer deal on a Passat w/pinstrip or a Saturn L series. :puke: You make the call.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.