Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone makes a single or dual a piller pod that comes with matched tan fabric?? I am getting a boost gauge this week and the only piller mount i can find is a black plastic one. Thanks guys:thumbup:

·
Registered
358 Posts
you can also buy tan vinyl spary and paint it yourself, probably cheaper, but i dnt know..... ther e is a write up soemhwere that the guy uses it

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pa'spassat said:
you can also buy tan vinyl spary and paint it yourself, probably cheaper, but i dnt know..... ther e is a write up soemhwere that the guy uses it
Yea that seems like a good idea:thumbup:

·
Registered
277 Posts
vrdubin6 said:
Thats exactally what im looking for... but its kinda a bummer that you have to drill to route the tubing for a boost gauge. I guess i might just go with steering colum mounted gauge.
i had the column pod and then switched to the a pillar pod. the pillar pod looks much better and is more fuctional. drilling the hole is very simple ... however, if you take off the pod you'll have to replace the pillar cover. In any case if you go for the column pod get the one that is offset to the left.

·
Registered
358 Posts
if a cop pulls you over, and sees the pods, would he question legal/illegal mods. Hypothetical but will he be an ass or will it not bother him at all??

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
pa'spassat said:
if a cop pulls you over, and sees the pods, would he question legal/illegal mods. Hypothetical but will he be an ass or will it not bother him at all??
Huh? I mean a cop can question a lot of things. If he sees gauges just tell him why they are there. "Officer my car came from the factory with a turbocharger and just to ensure the longevity of my vehicle i installed this boost gauge to make sure the boost and vaccum are functioning accordingly" OR "It has been a known problem that this engine tends to have problems with the oil sludging, so i decided to install an oil pressure and oil temperature gauge to be able to catch these problems before they happen"

I mean, if you had a nitrous pressure gauge it may be another story...but it is pretty easy to justify gauges since you would only be telling the truth. Yes they look cool, but i would guess that most people still install gauges to keep an eye on the engines vitals.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
pa'spassat said:
welcome...send me pics when your finished and you can do mine :)

Ill post some pictures... im getting a Forge 007, K&N drop in, piller pod, boost gauge and a full 2.5" techtonics exhust by next weekend.

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
Thats exactally what im looking for... but its kinda a bummer that you have to drill to route the tubing for a boost gauge. I guess i might just go with steering colum mounted gauge.
It's no trouble at all. I put one on my car and it looks awesome. (I also epoxied the gauge pod in place, instead of using tape.)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts