Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried looking for a picture of a black B5 or B5.5 with tinted tail lights, but failed. Does anyone have a picture? I just got my windows tinted today on my B5.5, and I bought some Night Shade and was thinking about doing it tomorrow. Just would like to see it before I commit.

Please and thank you!

·
Registered
341 Posts
My buddy sktrdan15 has a black b5.5 with tinted tails. I actually dont have any pictures of the back of his car but Im sure if you ask him really nicely he will post some.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you!!!

Do you think I should go ahead and do it? PS is it fairly easy to remove those lights? I've never done it before

Did you black out the chrome on the sides?

·
Registered
386 Posts
I did black out the chrome on the sides and I reccomend the tints from ECS...uniform finish all the way across. But, to pull the tailights out, its three bolts per side and then some connectors and they are out. Cant rememver the size though...maybe 10mm?

·
Registered
91 Posts
No, no, no, no.... Keep the chrome and the shiny emblem. The contrast is good, and it really sets off the darked-out stuff. If you black out the chrome and emblems, it'll make the wheels stick out like a sore thumb.

(You know what opinions are like...!)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Wheezer nailed it...I left the chrome on the windows but blacked out the rub strips. The front grille still has it's emblem, but it's blacked out except for the actual emblem. All of it has a pretty good contrast with the wheels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts