Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when people ask me what i have then i tell them they dont believe it these are 3 jl 6's with a jl ported box man they are quick yet the can be pretty bassy for the size i listern to heavy rock with fast kick drums so they suit me well any questions feel free to ask

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know it doesent look much but once you hear it your mind will change your mind i listen to more death metal with double bass rather then punk rock and it keeps up with every hit, i agree its hard to believe but you never know till you hear it

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
i know it doesent look much but once you hear it your mind will change your mind i listen to more death metal with double bass rather then punk rock and it keeps up with every hit, i agree its hard to believe but you never know till you hear it
i'm not doubting that it hits hard...just dont really know what all that music sounds like...what sized amp is that? how heavy are the magnets on the subwoofers?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
running 200watts total to them they are rated for 75 max a piece, im not sure about the weight the magnet is the size of the cone if that helps sorry i couldent come up with that one. any more questions of comments feel free to post

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
VWinOrlando said:
oh, ok...w0's are good for 6.5s...when i get the money, I'll be replacing all my stock 6.5s w/6.5 subwoofers...even though the stock 6.5s dont sound bad

Don't do it. 6W0s sound like ASS in a door. They need to be in a sealed or ported enclosure. In an IB setup you won't get much out of them.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
72 Posts
That set up that you currently have is awesome. I also used to own three w6 8inches... They will fool a lot of people. JL Audio's w6 by far are still my favorite subs. Those are old school version, one of the best ones of course. The new JL W6 are nice also, but they do require more power. Keep those subs, only a few people really know about the secret of the 8 inch w6. :bow: :bow: :bow: :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.