Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have pics of aftermarket headlights on their car? All the pics in the old threads that I'm seeing are gone or aren't being hosted anymore :cry:

So my drivers side headlight died the other day (R.I.P.) so I decided to order some HID's off of Amazon. I got them today so I went to slap those badboys in annnnnnddddd the driverside headlight still isn't working. After doing some detective work, I found out that the headlight wires were old and dry rotted.

I tried using some liquid electric tape but it's still dead (R.I.P. for real this time).
For a replacement headlight housing it's $152 a piece and for aftermarket ones, they're as low a $88 for both.

·
Registered
60 Posts
How did that happen to the wires? :icon_eek: I recently changed one of my bulbs and the wires or connectors didn't show any wear
I'm currently looking for replacement headlights, and probably the best way to go is Depo HID projectors, or if you can, go for Hella. Just be aware that you lose OEM integrated fogs, if you have them currently.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just replaced the headlights on my 2004 V6 in the past month. I bought the OEM Hella's from RockAuto for just over $100 each - they are still that price (just checked today).

For some reason, about a week after I bought mine the price on the right side headlamp assembly went up to $160, but now it's back down again. Weird.

These fit perfectly and work great - they are the stock B5.5 solution. Just having fresh, clear lenses again was a huge difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.