Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

181 - 200 of 610 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
any chance of a bit more detail on what bulbs or what you have used in your interior lights?

i really like the look of that brighter light want to do it on mine.

also, where did you get those carbon engine covers or did you cover the originals with something?

your car is awesome, so many great touches

thanks

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
any chance of a bit more detail on what bulbs or what you have used in your interior lights?

i really like the look of that brighter light want to do it on mine.

also, where did you get those carbon engine covers or did you cover the originals with something?

your car is awesome, so many great touches

thanks
Sir

THX for your pleasantry :)

Is swapped them with an LED set i bought here:

http://www.benzinfabrik.de/de/ (main page)

http://www.benzinfabrik.de/de/led_innenraumlicht_set_fuer_golf_4_weiss/ (the set i bought, with some additional bulbs)

The shop deliveres worldwide AFAIK

The covers are covered ( :D www.pun.com/captainfantastic :D ) with a film.
The process is called "Water Transfer Printing"

FYI :

http://www.hydroimaging.com/

http://www.solublon.com/printing.htm

http://www.alsacorp.com/products/watertransfer/water_prodinfo.htm

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Freak! :D Das ist genial! Sieht sehr gut aus.

Auf jeden Fall sieht man Deinem Passat an, dass Du jede Menge Zeit und Liebe in ihn investierst! :thumbup:

[/German]

Vielen Dank.
Schön, dass das jemand anerkennt (hier ist das Echo sowieso etwas positiver als bei uns, wo man ohne Mörderumbauten belächelt wird) selbst wenn "gefallen" immer subjektiv ist.
Sieht man ja auch auf Treffen wo die Bewertung manchmal schwer nachzuvollziehen ist (Ich meine mich jetzt ausdrücklich NICHT).
Und investieren musste auch noch Pinunsen.....:lol:
(Kleines Geheimnis vor meiner Frau. hihi)

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Sirs

Yesterday bought a Blaupunkt external MP3 drive on e-gay.Now i´m looking for a place to set the USB socket.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sirs

Yesterday bought a Blaupunkt external MP3 drive on e-gay.Now i´m looking for a place to set the USB socket.
Any suggestions?

When you have the head unit out, behind it on the left is a smallish space, you can easily feed the wire through into the glove box. I will take a pic of mine when i get home but wont be back online till tomorrow, so ill post it then if you want.

·
for your entertainment...
7,035 Posts
Michael I would feed it into the glove box as the easiest method that also keeps your MP3 player hidden. ;)

Does your HU display the controls to your MP3 player/iPod? If so, more reason to hide the player where it cannot be seen or accessed easily.

On my Pioneer AVIC F700BT I have my iPod wire routed under the center console and into the cubby, where my iPod rests. Thankfully, the AVIC allows for complete control and readability of the player on the HU screen complete with touch controls.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Sirs

Sooooo........
Got my MP3 Player.
Had to realize, that there is no USB socket at the housing :cry:
So i bought two further Micro-HDD´s on ebay yesterday (4 GB each :lol:)
Another solution would be finding a adaptor which fits on the one side to the Microdrive socket and has an USB device on the other end.
Hard to find IMO.....:cry:

Installed:

Had to cut a hole into the glovebox´s sidewall for electrical device :cry:
Works fine, is operating with my radio.

Oh, found another thing on flea-bay too:

W8 lower shift boot chrome frame:

Thanks for looking

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
Sirs

Unfortunately, i had no pics of my baby, when she was in her stock mode.
One hour ago i had the chance for the "Before-After Show".
I saw a fjordblue Variant parking on the street.So i went home to get my Digi-cam, and took some pics.

Sadly, the owner came out of his house and spoke to me in a hard way to stop making pics :confused:

I told him of the forum,before-after,modding...blabla.....No chance (WTF?????)

BTW: He seriously asked about the difference of our cars.He couldn´t see one thing beeing different :poke:

Thanks for looking

·
Registered
65 Posts
[/QUOTE]Sadly, the owner came out of his house and spoke to me in a hard way to stop making pics :confused:

I told him of the forum,before-after,modding...blabla.....No chance (WTF?????)

BTW: He seriously asked about the difference of our cars.He couldn´t see one thing beeing different :poke:

Thanks for looking[/QUOTE]

Captain fantastic......you could only feel sorry for people who don't know the joy of owning and modding a DUB! :) Awesome car btw, i even ordered the a6 strut bar brace you have on yours for my passat. Thanks for the part numbers.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
Sirs

My Radio died on friday :mad:
Suddenly it switches off......and on......and off.....and on........
At first i thought, that it was my MP 3 player going mad, because this was the last component i´ve added.
But after removing the Microdrive, the fault was still there.Even when i disconnected the plug of the player the fault was still present.
So i removed the radio, and gave it to a radio and TV-technician who will look after it.
Nevertheless,i´m watching some auctions on egay.

Just wanted to ditch.......

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
Michael, that sucks. What are you going to replace it with?
John.
Not sure.Maybe i let the old one be repaired.On the other side im looking for another used Blaupunkt radio.I´m taking aim on an Acapulco or Los Angeles.
For sure it´ll be a Blaupunkt again, because i lately bought the compatible MP3 player for it.

181 - 200 of 610 Posts
About this Discussion
609 Replies
143 Participants
captainfantastic
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing