Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm sure you all know what a stock Passat looks like, but now that I got mine I figured I'd at least introduce it. Dont have any big mods planned. id like to enjoy it as is for now. I do plan on getting the windows tinted. That wheel gap is a bit annoying too...

2004 Passat GLS. Black with gray velour interior. 9800 miles. Purchased at Boardwalk VW in Richardson, TX.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
black cars!!.love them. interior looks mint. could do with a shorty antenna, suspension, and tint...
get ready for the mod bug to hit yah:D

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
well crap man!..welcome to the club also..oh and what part of dallas..i live in irving/valley ranch area.!..just noticed you were local..we are having a statewide gtg in like 2 months or so...send me your email..i will keep you posted.

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wickedgti said:
well crap man!..welcome to the club also..oh and what part of dallas..i live in irving/valley ranch area.!..just noticed you were local..we are having a statewide gtg in like 2 months or so...send me your email..i will keep you posted.
Thanks. Yeah, I've been hanging out here and Vortex for a few months now. I wanted to learn all I could before buying the car, so the salesman wouldnt think I was a total dolt. Anyway, I see there are a lot of locals, and I see a lot of VW's in my area. I live not far from SMU (the village), near Lovers Ln and Greenville. Will probably be at the next local gtg. Am thinking about the state gtg. my email is [email protected]

Thanks man! :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BoostedSilly said:
what kind of plans you got for it? nice ride.

I am going to get the windows tinted. A smaller antenna would be nice, but I dont know how it affects reception. I thought about getting rid of the VW logos and getting a badgless grill. some 17's would be nice and just a very slight drop to cover up the wheel gap. maybe the chrome door handles. W8 console, Euroswitch. Who knows. None of this is going to take place right away though. Not by a long shot. Funny thing is, I've never been into modding or anything like that, but then I see everything you can do with this car. its amazing. The first thing will be a window tint. That alone will be killer looking. On the other hand I want to get to know the car in its stock form first.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I have a shorty antenna, since I live in a somewhat metropolitan area (Duluth, about 90k people) there are lots of radio stations close. The only time I have reception problems is when I go through tunnels. I now have satellite radio so my shorty is purely for looks.

Not the best picture to show off my shorty, but hopefully it'll give you a general idea.

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
V-Dub Duluth said:
I have a shorty antenna, since I live in a somewhat metropolitan area (Duluth, about 90k people) there are lots of radio stations close. The only time I have reception problems is when I go through tunnels. I now have satellite radio so my shorty is purely for looks.

Not the best picture to show off my shorty, but hopefully it'll give you a general idea.

Thanks. Yeah Ive seen the antennas. They arent expensive either. I'll probably do a tint, and antenna first. The euroswitch seems like a cool idea but Im not sure why I really need it. The important thing is its cool. Never seen rear flood lights either. Dont know why I would need that, but its cool...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looks just like mine, but mine is a 01.5 with black leather interior. I have the 15" wheels and fender gap but its all good. I'm upgrading to the Euroswitch and W8 console. I've got some plans for other mods as well. Just bought a Porter Cable 7336 DA buffer. :thumbup: :bowdown: It does what everyone says it is supposed to do, get out the swirlmarks, scratches. It is unbelieveable. My Passat has 65K on it and looks new, except for a couple scratches from my 4 year old's bike handlebars :banghead: For waxing and polishing it is worth the $120.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts