Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The GF bought this car last year. I finally got a chance to snap some pics of it. Its a 2003 BMW z4 3.0 6 speed.

You can see my lowly Passat sitting in front.

I'm still not thrilled about the styling of her car, but it drives wonderfully. The weather has been awesome in Chicago. I also got a chance to slap on new wheels on the GF's ride today.

18x8.5 SSR GT3s riding on 225/40YR-18 Goodyear Eagle F1.

The ride on these is so much better than her stock run flats. A lot less road noise and the car feels quicker on its feet. Her stock 18s were really heavy.

KVT 911 screen, with nav and 10 disc dvd changer in the trunk. Its a touch screen, and I forgot to clean it before taking the picture :oops:

Finally, heres a pic of the Passat on eibach prosytem + painted lowers.

I'll snap some more pics once I have the wetworks m3 spoiler installed.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
1) any pics of the girlfriend?
2) does the girlfriend have any cute friends?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
A girlfriend who can drive a 6 speed is a keeper!

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey now, as much as I love the Passat, it really just cant compete against a car that has more power, 50/50 weight distribution, weighs less, has the engine powering the rear wheels, brakes better, turn better (her car is stiffer w/ the sport package than my car with the prosystem), and has fantastic steering response.

Well, at least I can still drive my car when theres snow out :lol:

For her car, brakes are coming next (stoptechs hopefully), an eisenmann exhaust, rogue short shifter, and CDV delete.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
lol Jon.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
your gf has a sweet car but I like yours better :p

do you have pics of your whole car? do you have a better pic of the painted lowers? I'm trying to decide whether to paint my lowers or get the votex kit.... i have an indigo blue too :thumbup:

thanks! :D

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
pacent said:
Hey now, as much as I love the Passat, it really just cant compete against a car that has more power, 50/50 weight distribution, weighs less, has the engine powering the rear wheels, brakes better, turn better (her car is stiffer w/ the sport package than my car with the prosystem), and has fantastic steering response.
Very true, however IMO her car will never look even as close to as good as your Passat.

Im not a big fan of styling of the new BMWs......Z4 looks like catfish. Well all new BMWs do.

But its a performer for sure!!!

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
baisee00 said:
your gf has a sweet car but I like yours better :p

do you have pics of your whole car? do you have a better pic of the painted lowers? I'm trying to decide whether to paint my lowers or get the votex kit.... i have an indigo blue too :thumbup:

thanks! :D
I'll try to snap more pics of the painted lowers later this week. My digital camera died halfway through taking these shots so I have to run out and get a new one.

As for the z4 styling, I'm not a fan...and well, my gf still isnt particular to it either. She just liked the way it drives so much that she bought it. She test drove everything under the sun last year, and when it came down to it, it was between this and an 330ci/m3 convertible. Her bro already has an m3, so this car won out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts