Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the pics of my new ride. Only has 4500 miles on it. I know the pics suck but I thought I would get some up early so you can see the progression of my mods. Once I break 5000 I'm going with a stage 1 evo/GIAC kit (chip, intake and DV) from Dubwerks. Next step is suspension, then wheels.

[/img]http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/656/4245IMG_0020-med.JPG[/img]

[/img]

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What % tint do you have? Oh yeah, and rack too?
Thanks 4motion.
The tint is 15% and the rack is Thule with two Velo Vise 2 bike mounts. Only the V2 bike mounts come in the two tone black and brushed aluminum. I love the look and they're great racks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Too bad, we won't see it "in person" at the GTG. Maybe next time - LOL with the mods @ Dubwerks.

Thanks. Please take lots of pics so I can see everyone's ride. Maybe I'll recognize them when I'm driving around the burbs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice.

Is that a faring installed for the rack? If it is does it cut down on the wind noise considerably? I just got my rack installed and still trying to find a spot on the rails that mininize the noise.

Cheers!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes it is blue graphite. I love the color.

Nice variant kuan! Looks real familiar. :lol: What mods are you planning and in what order?

Is that a faring installed for the rack?
Yes it is. It cuts down on the wind noise in a huge way. :thumbup: The only problem is that you have to move the rack way back on the rails to get it to fit because of the sunroof. So the bike trays are raked backward a little. Oh well, its better than the wind noise.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Heh... nope GH I don't intend any mods. This is primarily a kid hauler for now. :) I'll probably get nicer wheels next year but I think that's where it'll end.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey guys,
Just picked up a 04 Variant 4Mo. - what is a stage 1 Evo intake? Any downside to it if you live in a warm climate? Can frequently get over 100F in the summer around here.

Thanks.
DD

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'd really like to see your ride. I've got a 04.5 Variant wagon with 3500 miles on it - and a Thule rack. Planning for new suspension and wheels in the next few months, and a possible chip in the summer. Post a new link if you have one - cheers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
13 Participants
quality_sound
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing