Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Car is a 2008 Passat sedan, Komfort edition. Alarm just stopped arming out of nowhere. Led to a dead battery and I need to fix this.

I can open and close my rear passenger door, and the display in the dash does not recognize I have opened the door. It always shows door is closed. When I lock the car with the remote, it does not lock the rear passenger door, but it does lock the other 3. Am I right to assume this is a bad module in the rear passenger door?

I found a good, used actuator online and am trying to replace the one in the car. I am stuck at trying to get off the handle.

In the DIY instructions on this forum, it has a T15 bolt to remove in the door jamb, and another T15 bolt to loosen. I'm attaching a pic here showing my door jamb it only has the one T15 bolt to loosen. Is there nothing else needed to remove the rear door handle aside from loosening that one T15 buried deep in there??

Other question with the rear door is there only one access area to loosen the window catch? In the guide it says to loosen both window guides but that was a front door, is there only one guide for the rear door windows to loosen? Referring to the E5 right handed thread ones.

(click photos to enlarge)

20181021_130516.jpg

20181021_130506.jpg

20181021_130523.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

Car is a 2008 Passat sedan, Komfort edition. Alarm just stopped arming out of nowhere. Led to a dead battery and I need to fix this.

I can open and close my rear passenger door, and the display in the dash does not recognize I have opened the door. It always shows door is closed. When I lock the car with the remote, it does not lock the rear passenger door, but it does lock the other 3. Am I right to assume this is a bad module in the rear passenger door?

I found a good, used actuator online and am trying to replace the one in the car. I am stuck at trying to get off the handle.

In the DIY instructions on this forum, it has a T15 bolt to remove in the door jamb, and another T15 bolt to loosen. I'm attaching a pic here showing my door jamb it only has the one T15 bolt to loosen. Is there nothing else needed to remove the rear door handle aside from loosening that one T15 buried deep in there??

Other question with the rear door is there only one access area to loosen the window catch? In the guide it says to loosen both window guides but that was a front door, is there only one guide for the rear door windows to loosen? Referring to the E5 right handed thread ones.

(click photos to enlarge)

View attachment 88887

View attachment 88889

View attachment 88885
Hi , you don’t need to remove the door handle , just squeeze your hand to the lock and pull it out slightly against your self and forward . You will notice a white plastic cover coming out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts